Urbana Ohio

StrokerAce

Smooth Is Fast
I am looking at 2006 5.9 in the Urbana Ohio area and didn't know if anyone on here from that area could recommend a dealer to have the truck checked out at? The truck seems solid, has a slight shudder at 75 mph but that seems to be somewhat normal the more I look into it. Any help or info would be greatly appreciated

Thanks, I drove the truck today and it drove good other than the shudder. I just wanted to have someone look into the tranny an make sure it is good to go as well as the steering such as ball joints. The truck only has 33,000 miles on it so I'm hoping nothing is wrong with it

I either stole my '07 for what I paid or they're asking about 7k too much for that '06.....$.02

That's more than I played for my 06 and mine had mods

We'll I've looked nationwide and if you can find one with low miles, less than 40K, that's about the going price. So you are saying the truck should be bought for around $24,000? I know this truck has been unmolested which is a plus in my book.

I bought my early '07 three years ago for 22,500. It was a one owner truck with 84,000 miles, bone stock. Never even had a tuner on it.

Attachments

• 31142_1399812229356_8194677_n.jpg
    31142_1399812229356_8194677_n.jpg
    70.6 KB · Views: 0
I paid $35K new OTD for my 06 dually. I believe these trucks (non-emission years) might actually be building equity now (haha). Have you priced a new one lately? :Throwup:

I bought my early '07 three years ago for 22,500. It was a one owner truck with 84,000 miles, bone stock. Never even had a tuner on it.

So you bought a 3 year old truck that averaged over 25000 miles per year?

That is kind of a higher mileage truck, used truck prices have been creeping up, I am pretty sure I could get more than I paid for my 08 as well.

My dad has had an offer sight unseen for his 06 SLT 4x4 quad cab for $35K. Of course it has 14K miles on it. LOL

I get where everyone is coming from but I didn't think it was overpriced but then again I could be wrong. I have been basing it by what is currently on the market. The fact that it is low mileage, the truck has lives its whole life in Florida and it is pretty much the last year for the 5.9 is what is drawing me to this truck. I'm not crazy about the 6.7 because of all of the emission crap wen though I know it can be deleted. Ever since I got rid of my '04 6.0 Powerstroke I've wanted a 5.9 Mega Cab which seem few and far between

Book it out and negotiate. Sounds like a good truck with low miles---which is hard to come by (mine just went over 50K). I bought my 06 because I knew all the emission engines were soon scheduled to come out and I didn't want any part of it.

So you bought a 3 year old truck that averaged over 25000 miles per year?

That is kind of a higher mileage truck, used truck prices have been creeping up, I am pretty sure I could get more than I paid for my 08 as well.

My dad has had an offer sight unseen for his 06 SLT 4x4 quad cab for $35K. Of course it has 14K miles on it. LOL

It was a one owner truck from Florida. Previous owner was a landscaper and daily drove it to each job site, usually pulled a trailer loaded with equipment.
I actually tracked him down and spoke with him on the phone before I bought the truck just to make sure I wasn't in for any surprises.
That is why he averaged 25k miles per year.

25k per year is high mileage? That's about normal to me. Yet my yearly mileage is 50-75k

Here are the numbers when ran through NADA and KBB. I've never really trusted KBB prices, they have always seemed way off. Also, from the best I could tell the wholesale price is around $26,000

NADA
Rough trade in - $25,675
Average trade in - $27,200
Clean trade in - $28,475
Clean Retail - $32,775

KBB
Private Party Sale - $36,158
Fair Trade in - $32,333
Good Trade - $34,933
Very Good Trade - $35,833
Excellent Trade - $36,333

Back