using an android tablet for tuning and gauges

shaffed

i just bought a 2004 f250 6.0 auto, of course after making this purchase not much left for all the goodies, so could i hook my android tablet to the odb2 plug and use it as a programer(who has files) and as a gauge set(also who has) thanks :ft:

Looks like nobody has tried this, I thought there was an app for just about anything

I believe there is an app for the gauges. Torque app or such. Why not get some type of scan gauge? I would not feel comfortable with a tablet tuning my truck. The Cyclops is out but I believe it is so you can toggle tunes on the fly with a TS Chip or Hydra, etc...

Would an iPod work better, also has an app radio but not sure if its hooked to the truck

I have no clue . Like I said I have a hard time tethering a device that connects to the internet of malwareville with the PCM of my truck. Maybe it's just a feel better thing but it's one less thing to worry about. Before you start tuning your early 6.0 you may want to look into bulletproofing the engine first or has it already been?

Last edited:
It has head studs, egr delete, full 4" exhaust, cold air intake, not sure what else

It has head studs, egr delete, full 4" exhaust, cold air intake, not sure what else

He'll if it has all that, why not pony up the money for real gauges? I understand tablets are the new thing but good ole fashion gauges and simple programmer works just as good. Not knocking ya but some new age techno ain't worth ****.

Last edited:
OK well what do you guys think of the quad a pillar set up from glow shift direct, the max tow gauges, which four would you get

OK well what do you guys think of the quad a pillar set up from glow shift direct, the max tow gauges, which four would you get

Glow shift are budget gauges. They may work fine but they are still cheap gauges. Why not just get a scan gauge 2? I bought my scan gauge 2 for about $160 new. The torque app for gauges might be cheaper id k. I might actually like the torque app but who wants to Velcro a smart phone or tablet to the dash everytine you drive it. I have my scan gauge on a mount that stays on my dash full time. I can take it out and read DTCs and real time data on other vehicles we own around here as well. With the scan gauges you can read up to like 25 different inputs (4 at a time to view on screen) I mostly view ICP, IPR%, MAP, EPB. Good to know you already have studs enjoy the 6.0

Looks like nobody has tried this, I thought there was an app for just about anything
Sure can and sure have. I will have to find the name of the app but you just need the obd2 bluetooth adapter and it will display a good deal of what the ecm sees

Well **** the one I had was torque.
You can buy a 4.0 or higher tablet from Walmart or China for cheap and dedicate it. DIYMA has information on how to wake the screen with key on I think.

Last edited:
Truck has an app radio and I already have an iPod hanging on the dash for music, might as well make it all kinds of screens, lol

Back