Valve seat questions

getblown5.9

Ceritified Kleenex Dealer
Can someone confirm what year 24v (vp44) heads had machined seats, and which years had the pressed in seats. I've been searching and reading for the last hour, and can't get a definite answer. Most is all rumor or what people "think" is true.

Thanks.

Thanks Jeff, is the part number stamped anywhere on the head that would make this easy to check?

Edit: i'm almost positive that my 02 head has inserts because when i had some work done to it before i was told they put new seats in it because they were in bad shape.

yea im sure my 02 head has the pressed in seats. just got a 99 head that im hoping doesnt have them.

I cant answer your question completly but The heads ive seen are 01-02 are Have seats and some 2000's. 98.5-99 dont have valve seats.

I'm told 98-01, maybe 01.5 don't have valve seats and 01.5-08 have valve seats.

Jeff is there any way this information could be made public so that way we will either be able to sleep at night or start worrying about our heads. LOL

Cummins service topic

I guess so Tyler, but if Cummins kills me over this it's on you:hehe:

Last edited:
Ah hell. Not like any one from cummins reads these things anyways. LOL

My spare head is off a 2000... guess I'll go check and see what it has.

how about start making some OTC performance parts, like the big 3 do. hi-perf blocks and heads would be handy.

Back