Vandura diesel 6.2

vanduradiesel

Hello i have a naturally aspirated detroit diesel 6.2 engine on my 1983 GMC Vandura 2500 and i had a couple of questions. One how to gain more power from this diesel engine, i am trying to find an intake or any airsystem that would help out as well anyone know how to do this? Also a turbo how can i get one that fits this van.

well you can turn the fuel screw up in the pump an 1/8th of a turn..(theres a video on youtube il try to find).. as for intake stuff u can try to find a cucv (military style) air cleaner assembly.. its not worth putting a turbo on unless you find on from a 6.5 turboed van.

Try Heath Diesel performance, he specializes in the 6.2/6.5

Banks also sells a turbo kit for this engine

any 6.5 engine you can take the manifolds off and put them on a 6.2, jsut have to find ways to route the oil return and supply, currently in the process of purchasing a 93 6.5 engine and hop to do the swap later this summer

You should check to see if you have an egr or non egr intake manifold. If you have an egr (huge actuator in the center under the air cleaner), you can swap it out for a non egr manifold and wake it up a little bit.

Back