Video editing software

06 DIESEL

Dead Eye Firearms LLC
I am looking for a good program to edit video with. I have this fancy new High Def camera and no program to properly edit video with. What does everyone use, suggestions, links, etc.

Microsoft movie maker is pretty decent. I have arc soft intervideo also. Pretty much use movie maker all the time now.

I tried Adobe CS4 Premiere and it would not support the file that I was trying to input, or I could not figure it out one of the two.

Windows movie maker was the same as above, either I am not using it properly or it will not support the file, one of the two but I have said no to it it also.

I just downloaded Pinnacle Studio 12 and it seems to work, edited one video that turned out ok but dang it takes forever to write a video in HD with 5.1 surround sound. Maybe I will play with it some more and see what I can come up with.

If anyone has any more suggestions/advice please pass it along. :thankyou2:

For CS4, you made need conversion software if you are trying to edit HD video.

I tried Pinnacle Studio 12 some more and I am starting to get the hang of it. The video is hard to trim in it though, the video lags the sound some when trimming. Anyway here is my first official attempt at editing and trimming the same video in Pinnacle Studio 12.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XVVcfEgbXhE

By far the best in video editing is FinalCut. It's what I have used and it is complicated but once you get it down it blows everything else out of the water. But you have to own a Mac. But once I switched to a Mac I made up my mind I would never by another PC again.

Some small video cameras use the QT .mov extention, so you'll have to convert the files to .avi or the like to use MS movie maker.

Ok i have a jvc Everio hard disk camcorder and i cant get my vids on oline or even on my pc any one eles have this?

Second on the Final cut pro, my wife uses a mac, edit's high def all the time like nothing. In Imovie its like 3 clicks and you video is published to youtube.

Your software might not be set up to handle high def, in that case you can lower the quality of the camera to to regular HV...get the book out.

Like above if it outputs in mov, and you don't have the codecs to deal with it, then you'll have to convert it first.

Ok i have a jvc Everio hard disk camcorder and i cant get my vids on oline or even on my pc any one eles have this?

I would take it off your hands for ya!
I have a camera that has them in .MOV and use a convertor on it. I have a DVD that I have to upload via a convertor box that goes from RCA to USB. IT works well too. ONly issue is you have to play it back, and capture it. So if you have a 30 minute video, it takes 30 minutes.

I use Roxio and it works pretty well and will use most kinds of extentions. It has some pretty cool features.

P.S. if any one wants any autocad, adobe mater suites, roxio, or just shot me a name of it and I can more than likely get it for 5 or 10 bucks over here. I have bought a few and they are the full programs and work great.

Back