VP44 computers?

JWales

Obsession or Addiction?
I have a stock running SO VP44 and i have an industrial VP44 that is a higher horsepower pump.

What i'm wondering is if i can just swap computers from one pump to the other and have a higher output pump?

Or will the computer get confused by there being different pressures or readings?

I'm looking to get more power for the cost of an O-ring.

From what I remember talking to II the demon box has to be calibrated to the pump for the pump to work.

Don't do that. The PSG(computer) has to be calibrated to the pump on a test stand and a map burned into it based on how the pump acts. Very important not to switch anything. Also as soon as you take it off it will have to be recalibrated because the IAT position will be changed. No way around this or your timing and fueling will be way off. I calibrate 5-6 a day on a Bosch 815 test stand.

Also the SO pump(IPVR15X) and the industrial app(IPVR16x) is the exact same mechanically, but the map in the PSG is way different. They run like $h!t on the dodge application. Either keep the standard output or run a hotrod pump. All it is is a vp44 assembled and calibrated as a HO(IPVR17x) and then the head removed and a SO head installed. The SO has x3 7.5mm plungers and the HO has x3 7mm.

What gets change when installing a new PSG?

Please tell me its the whole housing.

No the PSG sits on top of the housing and bolts on with 8 t25 screws. Also you have to solder a new IAT to it. Its basically just a hall-effect sensor to send position signal.

I ment the whole PSG unit. A 12v head fell on mine and took the large connector off of the PSG unit. Mine was a HRVP.

Well you would need to send it in and have the psg replaced. You could use your old iat but the tricky thing is for calibration you will have to take your 15x head out and replace it with the stock 17x head to calibrate it then after it is reprogrammed they would need to put your 15x head back in and run verification to make sure everything works fine. If they just replaced the psg it couldn't be calibrated as a HR pump because the machine thinks it is still a HO pump and it would way overfuel and fail the program.

So, any shop that has the capability to rebuild a VP can do this?

Yes, but not a whole alot of shops have Bosch 815 test benches because they are around $225k and i think all the hand tools and test equipment to do vp's is almost $50k. Sorry for the trivia but yes any shop setup for them can do this process. Wont be cheap tho because the amount of time and labor involved.

Thanks for the advise. I wont mess with anything. I was hoping for a cheap trick but i guess there is a reason people don't like these pumps. I'll just stick to hot rodding my 94' 12valve.

Also the SO pump(IPVR15X) and the industrial app(IPVR16x) is the exact same mechanically, but the map in the PSG is way different. They run like $h!t on the dodge application. Either keep the standard output or run a hotrod pump. All it is is a vp44 assembled and calibrated as a HO(IPVR17x) and then the head removed and a SO head installed. The SO has x3 7.5mm plungers and the HO has x3 7mm.

I've been told that the cam in a HO has a taller profile for more stroke then a SO, and that along with the larger bore of a SO makes a HRVP? This true?

I've been told that the cam in a HO has a taller profile for more stroke then a SO, and that along with the larger bore of a SO makes a HRVP? This true?

It has a more aggressive profile. More fuel faster with a steeper incline. Total lift should be very similar. And yes a HRVP has HO programming, HO cam ring, and SO head.

Back