want to build a new motor. injector/line ?

crewcabxlt

o.k. searched alot of posts but need a little more info. i just got a 01 ho 24v engine complete minus pump and turbo. i have a complete p-pump set up from a donor motor, a 160 and 180 pump. the 24v came with injectors the p.o. said are "100 hp" . looking for advice on were to get lines and how big do the injectors need to be for a mild build? is it hard on the p-pump if injectors are too small ? the injectors i have are 7 hole but look small compared to 12v stix. thinking of setting pop at 280 bar. timing at 17* and advance from there. want to do this if its worth it. the 01 motor has low miles and only a little gain in flow over the 12v head would be worth it, i hope . advice appreciated.

I would stay with the 12v. It's much cheaper. There is a reason that Haisley and Schied use 12 v moters in there trucks. Think about it.

scheid has lines,i believe haisley does too. also you injector size and pressures sound about right. i believe a lot of guys run em at 300 bar.. i am not too technical in this area but i have read a bit in the last year or two. also i have seen a lot of guys run timing around 20 to 21 degrees for a little better of both worlds.

and remember john robinson uses a common rail with ppump. should be a sweet ride when you get it running!!

Back