waste gate size

jlbayes

i could use a little guidance on waste gate size. my plan is to run a single 50mm gate on the secondary turbine housing. p-pumped 24v with a 180 pump and 5ks. primary is a s4t and secondary is a billet 66/68 with a .91 t4 housing. current injectors are 6x.013s but will be going to 6x.018s. should a run the 50mm gate or set up to a 60mm?

i could use a little guidance on waste gate size. my plan is to run a single 50mm gate on the secondary turbine housing. p-pumped 24v with a 180 pump and 5ks. primary is a s4t and secondary is a billet 66/68 with a .91 t4 housing. current injectors are 6x.013s but will be going to 6x.018s. should a run the 50mm gate or set up to a 60mm?

I have the perfect size and setup you need. It's a 40mm with a t4 1" spacer.

plan on spraying it later and i do not want a gate plate but thanks.

I run a 46mm precision gate on my s472/87/1.0. It has no problem regulating boost. Granted my biggest tune is only 750whp at the moment. I've seen this same gate on much harder fueled setups too with no complaints.

that makes me feel better as well. plan is for 1k on the stock engine. i know too big of a gate is just as bad as too little.

i know too big of a gate is just as bad as too little.

Any more information? I went with a 50mm with the thought I'd end up with some spray. But I'd like to go fuel first. I went bigger thinking it wouldn't hurt me until I needed it. Sounds like I should have used the search feature more before I bought parts.

Note; my secondary also has a gate, I'd planned on using the both to feed the other's.

Big gates need tight turbines. You can always adjust your setup with a large gate using the right springs and controller. Not enough gate you can't fix.

Back