Water injection

patracy

Could I get some pointers on setting up a system on my truck?

First off here's the mods...

Adrenaline/Pulse
150hp sticks
HE351 turbo
5" exhaust
110# springs

To be installed:
Tunnel Ram intake plate
Byrds Intake Manifold

The intake already has 4 1/8" npt bosses on it. So I planned installing water injectors there. I was going to use a Shurflo pump with the regulator turned up.

I've got a few questions. What size/numbers of nozzle(s) should I use? I've got a 12v solenoid I used on the propane setup. Should I use that or just a simple check valve?

I'm just looking to do a single stage. What pressure should it be activated at? I'd guess 20psi or so?

Anyone know of a source for 1/8" npt nozzles? I know coolingmist has them.

What are you trying to achieve by running water? Cooler EGT's? More power? By what you have listed you need more air. For the amount of fuel you have, you would be able to handle a single 625 jet. More if you had a progressive system, but running on a Hobbs, you have to be careful of putting the fire out. 20psi would be a good starting point.

Paul

Just cooling. If I get more power great. I can get EGT's high with the Adrenaline on PL10. I dynoed it a couple months ago and hit 462/920. But left some power on the table not having the ADR maxed.

I planned on installing the intake plate/horn and dyno'ing it again to see if I can hit 500 with it cranked. (I'd just like to break 500 on a "stock" turbo for giggles) The water injection is just me thinking about it since the horn is ready to go for it. Later on I'm thinking a S475 or HT3B under the HE351. I might build an EWG setup too. (I did open up the HE351's WG to ~1")

i was running 4 625 nozzles with single 66 and 250's non intercooled.

egts were way lower than same set up w/ stock intercooler

Search for alcohol injection systems on CF or google. ;)

i run one of their systems, it works great, flows A LOT of water, the previous owner of the system but a shutoff valve to one nozzle cuz it would flood out the motor, haha

i run one of their systems, it works great, flows A LOT of water, the previous owner of the system but a shutoff valve to one nozzle cuz it would flood out the motor, haha

I have a snow kit I picked up cheap :eek: that was missing the controller. I got it installed, but never wired on my 97 this past year so I never got to run it. After talking with Wesley Wade and a few others including Snow Perf. I'm gonna remove it from my puller, and use just one of the 625ml nozzels on my tow rig for some EGT reduction I'm in desperate need off.

My original plans were to buy one of AIS's fender mount kits and put it on the tow rig, but now I'm saving quite a bite. I still like they give you more options than most, but they both appear to be great companies.

Back