Water/Methanol---Pre or Post Intercooler

prostreeter600

Thinking of doing a Water/Methanol injection on my truck . Wondered if it is safe to inject it Pre Intercooler or will it puddle up in the Intercooler . Reason for wanting to do it pre Intercooler is that my high pressure boost pipe leaving my valley turbo gets hot enough to blister the powder coating on the boost pipe . Talking to Mark at Danville , he says that it's normal on a triple setup to see temps in the range of 650 . I have an NOS system on it that I have yet to run but it's injecting about 12" prior to Y bridge . I know I can inject NOS Pre Intercooler but it's more expensive. I know I would have the initial cost of the meth kit but once in there it's much cheaper . Anybody with first hand knowledge ? What kits are best if I decide to do one ?

I went post intercooler. My theory was the intercooler would get more done with the greater heat differential. Ill be watching this.

Some street use but I would only be using the meth when I plan on hammering it hard . I don't think the temps are too bad at normal driving . Common sense tells me it probably doing it under highboost levels 70--100 or so .

55cummins . I have the NOS for post Intercooler hence wondered about the meth on pre Intercooler since it gets hot enough to bubble the powder coating . I have since removed said powder coating and header wrapped the boost pipe cause it was melting the wiring harness sleeves that were in contact with it . Not to contain the heat but to protect my wires Lol

Back