Waterford, CA Sled Pull June 2nd

BigBadDodge

At the Waterford High School Stadium located at 121 So. Reinway Ave., Waterford, CA 95386

$40.00 to hook with two pit passes.

Registration and check in is 1:00 - 3:00

Pulling starts at 5:00

Trophies will be awarded in the non-sanctioned 4x4 classes only (thats us)

This is a VTPA event

Waterford

See you at the pull

BBD

BBD

Well, got back late last night.
Event was decent, nice day for pulling, too bad the track didn't live up to the nice conditions. There was no roller to pack the track down and the farm tractors had basically destroyed the track for the pro-gassers as well as the few diesels that showed up. Just a HUGE hole in the middle of the track at about the 150ft mark and it was nothing but that sandy, pebble high school track dirt that got just about every truck stuck in in their tracks. Hopefully the next VTPA event will be hiring a roller to come in and pack the dirt down cuz just filling it in with a grader does nothing.
Overall it was a well sanctioned event and everything went smoothly. I placed 2nd with a hook of 201 and got beat by a local D-max that got me by 10 feet. :( There were only 3 trucks in the VTPA extreme class which is the class I was put into and the third truck a local Dodge 12v had supposedly blew his turbo up @ about the 50 ft mark. Not sure why there was such a small turnout compared to the heavy volume that showed up @ Hughson 2 weeks ago.
Scott, it was good to see ya again and awesome pull from the baddest truck in Cali. Your presence is always good for the growth of our sport out here and I am sure the large crowd at the event would agree. Just gotta hurry up with that body conversion. Too many unaware people are thinking that's a powerstroke going down the track.:hehe: Good luck in Red Bluff and Redding in the next two weeks and I will be hitting up the Father's day pull in Newman hoping to see Tom show up on his way back from the JH Rally. I'll get some video up as soon as I can.....:)

Joe

I am so f-in tired of this crap, who the heck puts on an event with no roller??? Dang, no wonder Matt says he won't pull with VTPA any more. J&H and Newman are next for me double my bang for the buck, Matt's gonna stop at newman as well. Take care guys,

-Tom

Yeah, it was total crap on the track set-up. Glad you didn't waste your time making the 4 hour haul. I couldn't get over them just filling in the 2' wide and 6" deep holes from the farm tractors with the friggin' grader and then making the pitiful attempt at packing it down with the grader tractor tires.
Newman should be a blast, already printed the flier off http://www.csspulling.com. Looking forward to the event as well as pulling against Matt again.:) Hopefully I will get a chance to re-work my suspension this time to be more competetive against him......:pop:

Joe

Joe thanks, it was good seeing ya again. I will represent in Red Bluff and you an Tom can represent in Newman :)

I though the pull went off well for the first time at that venue. I have to think any time we have a pull on a High School track its probably going to be loose as its hard for teh high school students to run track on clay :)

Good price, good people, good organization. Having two sleds made it much better and I think the Fork lift was the roller Joe :hehe:

4 trucks in the street class
3 trucks in the extreme class
And me exhibition

Would have been nice to see more rigs there. Where was Silva? Estaves? etc...

Can't wait to see the video the camera we brought recorded it in Quciktime and I can't do crap with it. the vids sucks a swell but what can you do :(

BBD

Sounds like you finally got that truck figured out, Joe!

See y'all in Red Bluff next week as a spectator. :-(
And Redding with the truck and a 2nd new transmission!

wow lots of complaining... just dont go to any vtpa events. how long have you guys been pulling anyway.....sheesh

Thanks Natalie, truck is somewhat getting more figured out. Still need more fuel and will be finally getting time to get the smaller coils and stiffer rear suspension set-up before the Father's Day pull in Newman.:)

Got my videos uploaded here ya go Scott. I need to find a better way to get clearer picture as they are still kinda blurry. Maybe try next time to save them in higher quality, just sucks cuz it jacks up the MBs.

Anyway....

Me
http://s184.photobucket.com/albums/x163/jkgdiesel/?action=view&current=WaterfordVTPA_6207.flv

Scott
http://s184.photobucket.com/albums/x163/jkgdiesel/?action=view&current=ScottV_WaterfordVTPA07.flv

gmoney said:
wow lots of complaining... just dont go to any vtpa events. how long have you guys been pulling anyway.....sheesh
:blahblah1:

Yeah, if that track wasn't so sandy, then he would have hit the pavement there pretty soon.:hehe:

Joe

Nothing could be as bad as VTPA's event at Casa de Frutia in Hollister. I was the only diesel truck. And They put me dead last. The track was a very loose 200ft and the sled was set on kill. I only pulled a pathetic 150 ft. (not sure the exact distance, off the track, then on to the trailer and, then on the way home.) There was a pull on sunday also but that was another $40

Back