Weird ABS light on a 2008?

Got Smoke?

I have a friend with an 08 2500 6spd fully deleted with a H&S XRT. He called me with a small issue the truck has been giving him as of late.

When shifting into 5th gear if he drive's normally shifts about 2400-2500RPM he says it drops to 1500-1600RPM and when he begins to accelerate once into 5th the truck will chirp and throw an ABS code. It clears itself out after a few miles, and presents no braking issue's what so ever (hard pedal, no brakes, etc).

If he winds it out a little farther 3000 or so and shifts its fine doesn't throw the code or anything? :what:

Truck was bought with a 6" lift kit & 35" tires and emissions intact (somewhat). This problem was not present before delete's and tuner, his dual mass flywheel went out without warning so it was deleted and got a SBC DD all at once. I drove it after everything was done at his request and the truck ran awesome without issue, this is something that's just popped up recently that he would like to try and address.

:thankyou2:

I know that on my truck with the SB 3250DD if you lug it too much and get into the pedal too much in 5th it will trip the ABS system. Sounds like he may be seeing the same thing.

Last edited:
just for checking, try making sure it has enough brake fluid. not sure if it acts weirder on the 08's, but as my truck wears brake pads, fluid level drops , tripping abs light on dash under hard accel.

My 2008 dually did the same thing. It had full deletes with a smarty. SBC 3600 DD. when u lugged it in a higher gear it always threw an abs light. Then a few minutes Later it cleared itself out. I went over everything trying to find it! The only thing i can guess its an electrical glich due to the harmonics of lugging the truck. I even went as far as making it do it, stopping the truck right there and running the codes. It would never read any code!!!! But you could clear it! Its just one of those things. The guy who bought the truck off me said it still does today.

My 06 with a single mass flywheel would throw abs light when lugging at low speeds and you mash on the skinny pedal.

Thank you guys I'll pass the info along he need's to quit granny shifting! LOL

Mine does this too. The only effect besides the light and ding is I have no cruise until 2 min or miles later when the abs light goes out on its own.

Back