Weird issue

cumminspower59

Mind if I Smoke?
I'm having a weird intermittent problem. My dash lights are going out randomly. What makes it weird is when they do, it messes with my heat/ac controls. It will let me change the blower speed but it locks the setting to where it blows to where ever it was at when the issue starts. It also makes me ac not work. Te little indication light won't even turn on. Anyone have any ideas?

is your ignitioin switch working properly?
while truck is running back key off just a tiny bit, and see of the problem presents itsself.

heavy key chains will make it worse.

is your ignitioin switch working properly?
while truck is running back key off just a tiny bit, and see of the problem presents itsself.

heavy key chains will make it worse.

I will try that when I get home. My ignition does have an issue that occasionally you can shut the truck off and pull the key and the ignition is still slightly in the run position enough to keep all the stuff in the truck on and make it think the key is still in it.

I would be inclined to at least pull the cover off steering Column and check out the ignition switch. I've had a few just come to pieces inside and cause the problems tout are having.

Also pull the ignition plug and check for burning. Common problem on these trucks.

Also check the wires for wear I had a driver in a 03 who had the same issue I ended up changing the whole wiring harness because he was tilting the steering every time he got in and out causing the wires to mash up and short out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for all the info guys. New ignition switch will be here tomorrow and I'm going to look for burning and mashing of wires when I replace it tomorrow night. I'll keep ya updated.

So I replaced the Ignition switch and checked for crushed wires. No success, same problem. On the bright side, now I have a spare ignition switch. Anything I should check next?

Back