Weird question

You could try also to put in 131 DVs. That will make a heavily tuned truck run like a dog. And when the summer comes then just take them out.

Did you tune the pump? What did u set your timing at? When you say your motor is built, what did you do to it?

Last edited:
Pumps at 22degrees right now, haven't tuned it much other than messing with the afc a bit and the other things mentioned in my sig

And the bottom ends balanced, girdle, shotpeened/ balanced rods, mahle flycuts.. Ect

The AFC is the easiest detuning device. Remove the allen-head plug and turn the top of the starwheel towards the driver's side about 30 turns.

If the throttle is too touchy, add another return spring on the throttle linkage. I understand the off-idle torque from 5 x .018 injectors and I could see that being a little hairy with 5K governor springs and winter snow-covered roads.

I don't believe you're having problems with top-end fueling a spool-up since that setup probably spools like a dog, but more or less you're having problems with the off-idle throttle response from the touchy governor springs and large injectors and delivery valves..... Correct?

what cam for fly cuts?

Hamilton.

I don't believe you're having problems with top-end fueling a spool-up since that setup probably spools like a dog, but more or less you're having problems with the off-idle throttle response from the touchy governor springs and large injectors and delivery valves..... Correct?

Yeah this is exactly what i think the issue is, however i'm almost convinced my timing slipped and retarded back a few degrees because it doesn't spool like a dog at all, but I cant tell what the top end is doing.

Back