Welded dana 60 with CAD

inline6359

Microwaving cats since 01
Is anybody welding their dana 60's with a CAD? Im looking into axles for my 4x4 conversion and i keep running accross 94-2000 dodge dana 60's. So i seem to be headed that route. I dont feel the need to spend the coin on a spool or locker so i would like to go this route, the only thing that worries me is the small collar to lock the front axle. Is there a upgrade?

In order to get rid of the CAD, you can get a hub conversion kit. Check out EMS Off-Road, Dlux Fab or Dynatrac.

Thanks but what im wondering is has anybody welded the front spiders of an axle with CAD. Seems this should make it possible to run a welded front with the ability to disconnect the axles and still be able to turn. Im curious who has done this and how has the collar held up?

Just get the cable locking device from Posi Lock($150) and then you can engage and disengage when you want. I run this set-up on my 2.6 truck with no problems. My buddy has been running the same thing for years on a 3.2 single truck and its still holding up.$.02
ps. with the welded D60 of course.

Just get the cable locking device from Posi Lock($150) and then you can engage and disengage when you want. I run this set-up on my 2.6 truck with no problems. My buddy has been running the same thing for years on a 3.2 single truck and its still holding up.$.02
ps. with the welded D60 of course.

i would think the posi-lock would be the way to go as well.

Garrett

Posi Lokc will act like looking hubs and allow you to have a turning radius under a football field.

Posi Lokc will act like looking hubs and allow you to have a turning radius under a football field.

I have every intention of running a posi-lock or something like it but i want a true locked front diff without the price of an arb just yet.

i know a 3/0/unlimited single truck that slid the collar over and welded it so its locked all the time, it had a posi in the front diff so that it could still make turns, and would lock up tight when you put the tq to it. worked pretty good.

yea you can weld it but if going to drive on the road at all i wouldnt but thats just my thoughts on it

yea you can weld it but if going to drive on the road at all i wouldnt but thats just my thoughts on it

This is going to be a street driven truck, i would think as long as the collar is unlocked street manners should be the same as a non welded set.

Mine has the CAD and is welded. Its HARD to turn when in 4wd, but when in 2wd I cant tell any difference between welded vs. stock.

i know a 3/0/unlimited single truck that slid the collar over and welded it so its locked all the time, it had a posi in the front diff so that it could still make turns, and would lock up tight when you put the tq to it. worked pretty good.

Why not just swap in a full length shaft, I understand $, but you can get a full lenght inner cheap.

When I was looking into a locker for the front the posi-lok cable and a spool/welded spiders on a CAD axle seemed like the same type of selectability as a $1000 air locker. Good idea if you ask me and alot nicer then shelling out $1000 for the air locker selectability.

Back