Well F@$& me valve spring collet

oldsmolet

Well putting valve springs in dropped a collet/keeper. Stepped off the edge of a stool while transferring from pencil magnet to hand. I heard lots of tinging and think it fell off passenger side of engine. Should have stuffed pushrods holes for safety but looking back is 20/20. I'm 98% sure I dropped down left side but ran magnet down pushrod holes for piece of mind. So next question what's the part number and where to get these things? Is 12v the same? I'd imagine not with valve size. Well thanks in advance

Pretty sure it's not in the motor. Just lost. We had to do this outside so grass isn't my friend looking for a little piece

uh use a bigger magnet in the grass or a bright ass flashlight....look along the oil pan rail also, things like to hang out on it

12 and 24v are 1mm difference in size. if you need a couple locks ill give ya a few. 812 229 1290

probably part of the reason you dropped one... using a magnet.

I used a metal pick to pull mine. The keepers area already magnetic. what happens when you put 2 magnets together. one side tends to push away while the other tends to attract. well the attraction side is the smaller side of the keeper where the push away side is the larger side... i learned very fast to not use a magnet and just use a metal pick. they stuck themselves to the pick much tighter than they stuck to the magnet.

just an idea to try.

20130707_122001_zps17803d32.jpg

Back