well i have a question on a trans

96ram

ok guys i am new to the fourm so i am not sure if i am in the correct spot, and i wanted to see what yall thought about my idea, prob wont happen with most ideas anytime soon but its a thought. i plan on keeping this ole dodge she will be used for a show truck, dd, and a hot rod. unless she gets totaled then its off to a 80's model chevy crew cab 4x4 long bed then its off to what ever else i vision

i plan on having around 600hp on my 12 valve but i do plan on a crew cab conversion, and with that i plan on a center console, and i plan on putting a 6 speed automatic in (i want it set up like a manual but still retain the auto function i know its a oxymoron but i dont like the true manual set up) and i havent figured out a trans layout yet i like the layout in my gmas 5 speed auto lincoln ls

ok so lets talk trans i am thinking about allison 1000 6speed setup but i hear those need to defuel upon shift, and its a learning trans but for some reason 48rfe trans dont like my pwr level, havent heard about the fords in awhile.

here is a run down of my mod list
600-700hp with close to 20mpg i bet its possible
crew cab conversion (not sure if i want to do this or not)
paint i think midnight blue matalic (spelling)
custom interior ( double din, center console with shifter seats, might do a custom gauge layout, and dash idk on color)
6speed auto, with manual shifter

i am going off of current models, so who knows what might happen in a x number of years, and thank yall for any advice and i am sorry i didnt use search button i cant seem to find it on i am used to seeing it on the top of the screen.

A lightly built allison should work fine.
Get the tap shifter type setup with a couple of buttons,or work the auto stick in.
Easy money. so what's your question?

i was going to do a center console build and build a shifter of some kind i dont have a link so bear with me, the console shift in the 4gen 1500 rams, will work with with the 68rfe. thats where i got the idea and plus driving my gmas car around town.

but how does the allison preform behind the 12 valve, i guess that pcm off of destroked would work fine for the controller? and i guess it takes a laptop to get everything dialed in to where i need it to be? would any year work, or do i have to buy a 5 speed then convert it? so many questions...

real reason i want to do this because i would like to have something different. and i know i can build my 47re to handle a lot of pwr for the cost of this build. and the amount of coin i am putting in my ole 96 i can have a nice down payment to buy brand new.

i might not hit 600hp i will have to figure out what is best for me, so lets say 450-600hp should be nice for this truck.

well i have been doing some searching on ebay and been finding some good deals found one with everything for 2500, but its a 4x4 i guess i cant use this because mine is a 2wd?

once i get some money set aside i will be able to put it towards the truck

Back