what clutch set up to get for my 97 12v

jaybuller

USCG MK
alright tax money will be here shortly! time to upgrade! heres what i have, 97 12v nv4500, 4x4, it is about to have 5x12 injectors and a super b or comparable turbo. i am lookin at around 450 rwhp mabey a little less mabey a little more. it is on 35" mud tires and a small lift. i tow with it so i want somthin thats up to pullin a load. i wouldnt mind entering a truck pull or two down the road and i mightdo the occasional boosted launch. i do plan on going with the big input, i want the quietest dd availible. i dont want much rattle or anything like that and if its possible not a whole lot of pedel pressure to disengae the clutch. This is a daily driver and i have to drive it every day to work and in town. so i see i pretty much want it all and if there is nothin out there like what i want let me know the next best thing. thank you

Our new ones are now silent. part # you want is SDD3250-5 for the stock input shaft or the SDD3250-5K if you want to upgrade the input to the 1 3/8"
That part # includes the shaft kit.

Peter

thank you can you get me a price quote shipped to 39120, it will still be a couple weeks mabey 3 or 4. and thank you again.

Our new ones are now silent. part # you want is SDD3250-5 for the stock input shaft or the SDD3250-5K if you want to upgrade the input to the 1 3/8"
That part # includes the shaft kit.

Peter

mine is definately NOT silent, haha, but i dont mind, its one hell of a clutch:Cheer:

I've heard that Peters new ones are quiet... I havent sold any of the quiet ones yet.. They used to rattle.. I have an IRON GIANT in my puller and I cant hear the rattle at 5,000 RPM!!!!

i haven't sold any new ones either, mine rattles pretty good but it doesn't bother me at all. as long as i can do my boosted launches and still tow a trailer i dont even care how loud it is

the 3200 street dd rocks! Mine is a year or so old and I love it. It is noisy when the clutch is depressed, but, like others have said, I just don't care--it just gets with the program--no fuss! With the small input shaft, 4x4 boosted launches are out, according to peter, but I've done dozens and dozens of 2wd 25pis 3rd gear burnouts and the clutch just eats it up. Hold the engine to 25psi, drop the clutch and floor it and the 315's go up in smoke till I let out! My truck is fairly stock (see sig) and I would not go with anything but another SB DD if I had to change.

the 3200 street dd rocks! Mine is a year or so old and I love it. It is noisy when the clutch is depressed, but, like others have said, I just don't care--it just gets with the program--no fuss! With the small input shaft, 4x4 boosted launches are out, according to peter, but I've done dozens and dozens of 2wd 25pis 3rd gear burnouts and the clutch just eats it up. Hold the engine to 25psi, drop the clutch and floor it and the 315's go up in smoke till I let out! My truck is fairly stock (see sig) and I would not go with anything but another SB DD if I had to change.

i've got the stock input and i did probably 6 or 7 40psi 4x4 launches with an HX35 on the truck, no carnage whatsoever

Back