What happened?

It is a P-Pumped Common Rail, I'm still not sure what caused it to run away, but the air shutoff worked really well as soon as they could get the pin out of it. Here is the second part of the video, and it will give you an idea of how fast it kills the truck. http://video.competitiondiesel.com/video/65ce471e-8b62-4325-b606-9af1013f0e8e.htm

This engine is built very well, it has heavy valve springs, and the ability to hit 6000RPM, I'm thinking that's one of the things that saved to motor, no it didn't grenade:rockwoot:

that was a real scary deal. you should have been there and heard it. the worst part of it is between the two videos. I was suprized something didnt give in that motor. defanitly a well built motor for what happened to it there. He got it started a little while after.

that was a real scary deal. you should have been there and heard it. the worst part of it is between the two videos. I was suprized something didnt give in that motor. defanitly a well built motor for what happened to it there. He got it started a little while after.

For sure, I accidently pushed the button and stoped it, when I finaly realized what I did, it was almost done.:bang

I guess when you here it about dieing towards the end of the second video, is when he shut off his FASS and the IP was sucking fuel through the FASS pump, thats the only reason it lowered RPM at all. From what I know, it is back at Schieds getting looked at.

Back