What is this?

R.C.inc.

I'm a dodge guy but own a 97 f350 dump I use for work.
I am replacing the tranny and while at it doing the up pipes seeing as they leak. Well this has turned into do the manifolds as well seeing as where the uppipe bolts to the manifold there is nothing left. Anyway on the front of the pass side manifold there is a rusted off metal pipe. What is that? There is also I pipe right behind and kind of front of that one that seems to go no where as well. Can I plug this off of should I hook it back up? Obviously it runs without it seeing as its been rusted of for God knows how long but What would you recommend? Truck does seem to run poorly but I just figured that was due to the tranny and uppipes.
Yes it is a powerstroke.

That goes to the exhaust back pressure as sensor on the front of your engine, I would recommend booking it back up for sure.

Ok so I was reading up on it a little and now it makes sense, why my turbo valve was staying open until it reached operating temp. Because this was rusted through. anyway I have my back pressure valve disconnected at the turbo. I really don't want nor need it. Should I put an eliminator on it so the pcm doesn't know its disconnected? will it cause the truck to de fuel or anything?

What did you have unplugged? The sensor at the turbo or the tube going to the sensor by the hpop?

Back