What kind of gauges?

Getting some gauges pretty soon and just wondering what everybody else is running.. i figured since ford is the only one with a 4pillar thats what im gonna stick with.. I was thinkin boost, egt, fuel/or trans, and oil.. or would it be smart to run two egt's one for each side in case if i got an injector missin or so i can see which side? and i thought oil psi to keep a closer eye on it. what do you think?

Coolant Temp. Oil Temp. Fuel Pressure. EGT. You can figure out the boost by looking at the tailpipe. Its humorous to hear about 27 psi on a 60psi gauge. There ain't a line for 27psi but its just a bit under 30 so it MUST be 27. I'd rather know what my oil temp is to pull over incase an oil cooler is restricted. Or what my coolant temp is incase my water pump failed. Fuel pressure to know when to look at fuel filters. EGT can tell you timing and fueling stuff. Trans temp is a joke. Even without a mag hytech, if you can overheat a torqshift you are doing something wrong.

I originially got tranny temp (which is really not needed on a 5R110 with a relatively stock motor) boost and pyro. I think I'm going to make a custom center console and get me the coolant temp, oil temp and fuel pressure. I think fuel pressure is probably one of the most important ones to get on a 6.0.

I went with the 35psi gauge on my truck and I hit 34 regularly, any more mods and I'm gonna have to get the 60psi one.

Thanks for the replies.. Thats why i was wanting to go with oil, i didn't even think about the coolant, that sounds like a good idea.. what do you think about the two egt's? just a waist of pod?

ok thanks! what about oil temp, where do you want it to stay and how much can it move till you know your oil cooler has a restriction, same with the water temp, and fuel till your filter is gettin dirty?
Also, what do you think about the coolant filter kit?

Not to hi-jack the thread, but for coolant and oil temp gauges, would a guy have to get full sweep gauges to really see a change in temperature, or would the short sweep be ok to save a little cash? Lets hear some personal experiences with either style.

Back