what springs to use....

I'll second that. there identicle to the F1 springs but a lot cheaper, and work great so far.

Hmmmm, just noticed Hamilton springs are 110 pound seat pressure. Definitely not even close to F1 springs!

pm comp461 for a set of springs/retainers

zstroken are they titanium bridges??

Yes they are, but he is keeping the bridges. $750 for the rest. Got the lockes and reatiners to prevent pull through.

Hmmmm, just noticed Hamilton springs are 110 pound seat pressure. Definitely not even close to F1 springs!

are you kidding. the f1's are like 95 seat psi and the ones i got were rated at 100. i guess it depends on who's scale your using. we had MME test the f1's in the shop truck and the ones we use now, there with in 5 lbs on the valve spring pressure tool all the way to coil bind. makes you wonder huh?

Last edited:
We had F1 springs in our trucks................ and have had better results with Hamiltons.

bridges

zstroken, was hoping to find a used set of ti bridges before i called eep and bought brand new.

With the springs, is 110 to much pressure for most folks? Would one be inclined to run say 80psi vs 90 vs 110 if you goals are not 4500rpm and 120psi?

4200rpm (for some buffer) ad 70psi (buffer) max possible boost some day in the future. Would one want 80 or 90PSI over 110? I read a bit back that pre-mature ware on the cam the main issue that you have to worrie about.

Also, what about billet push rods, if you don't run a 110 spring is the tougher push rod really necessary yet

IMO, a Cummins Diesel is a durability designed engine.

The Cummins uses ( 2 springs ) under each crosshead. Each crosshead is actuated by a single cam lobe, tappet and push tube.

Some people have forgotten or ignore the simplest equation ever taught in physics class. Hooke's law. When applied to parallel springs like used in the Cummins what happens to your overall force applied to the actuating components?

Im not going over 4K, and I want to stay around 80-90 seat pressure...

Not to hijack, but what kind of rpm will F1 springs support? I'm running them now and will be p-pumping the truck this summer...

Not to hijack, but what kind of rpm will F1 springs support? I'm running them now and will be p-pumping the truck this summer...

this is from Dons description of his springs on his site...
Alloyed from Chromium Steel the Pro/SportsMan springs are designed to be used with the Helix 2 and Helix 3 camshafts. They control the valve train without any compromise. They fit in the stock location, use the stock retainers and locks and will not rip the stock valve seals up like a double spring will. They are triple shot peened, and special process hardened to proved a life long solution for the Cummins 24 Valve engine. RPM range is unlimited. Boost is unlimited. You will not float with these. The steel used is an ovate shaped wire, not round. This allows high lift cams to never coil bind and plenty of room to install even the most radical lift lobe camshafts.

Back