what to do next?

PBD

I just dynoed my 94 dodge yesterday and it put down 655 horse and I was wanting to know what else I can do to reach 700. Mods are a s465 with a .90 housing 5 by 18 injectors, 93 injector lines, harmonic balancer, pump built by darren morison it has 6000 k governor springs 191 delivery valves rack plug cam was custom cut and benched at 550cc of fuel, it has 181/210 hamilton cam, 2 fass fuel pumps, and water meth stage two kit but I didn't dyno with it on cause it had a hole in one of the lines.this is a street toy so I can't do anything too crazy. Thanks for any comments and advice.

any videos of the dyno pull? how does that turbo spool up, could be over 700hp but it won't show on the dyno because of the turbo

Ya I do but not sure how to upload it. But I know I need way less fuel it didn't clear the smoke at all. Just wanting to know what to do or buy before I go rent the dyno to tune it. How do I upload videos from my phone?

with the stage 2 kit it will probably hit 700 because it takes advantage of the extra fuel. nozzle size does matter. depending on how much extra fuel oyu have u may need to run two 625s or do wat i did and pick up a nozzle from AIS that will suit you

what kinda head work? And I checked on a waist gate and it was 700 bucks so I didn't know if that was a good price for one.and I am running 2 625s for my water meth. And 28 degrees timing.

You probably could use more air but without playing with the tuning, you won't really know what that turbo can support on your truck. If it were my truck, and I wanted to tune it for a good dyno spike, I'd probably try limiting the fuel on the bottom end with AFC tuning so the turbo gets spooled before the big shot of fuel on the top end.

How much torque did it make and what rpm was peak HP and peak TQ?

Torque was 1290 and highest horse was at 2800 and torque at 2600. I not tuned it at all I am gonna do that just wanted to ask around see what advice I need to reach 700 with it being tuned right on the dyno.

graveyardmaggot

Ok I messed up I will try again later I am trying to do this on my stupid phone lol

915525747_photobucket_28037_.jpg

AFC tuning will help get that turbo lit sooner. That should help you get your torque numbers up. We run a stock gov spring in our AFC with good results. We dynoed slightly higher with a very similar setup at 30* of timing. You could try that. I assume that is 28* pump timing?

Last edited:
Alright thanks for the advice and ya it is pump timing. would 30* be too much timing for the street?

We don't have it that high anymore. We never had any issues but we never tried any other settings. I think it is set at 28* now.
I assume you still have stock pistons and your injectors are 145*?

AFC will be the most noticable change you can make. When we had a S465 on ours it started making boost closer to 2000 rpm so I am assuming you are a little fuel heavy on the bottom?

No nos lol and stock bottom end till she goes. I am gonna start messing with it when I go rent the dyno so I can see whathelps. And ya she gets ALOT of smoke on bottom end but it still lights hard at 2000? I just ease into the throttle to spool it quicker.

Back