What turbo to run with new setup??

dodgediesel59

So the VP44 finally died on my truck after being replaced with a reman and a fass system a little over a year ago. So I am going to P-pump the truck because at the rate i am going it will be more reliable and give me the power i want. My truck has 4.10's and a built auto with a very low stall converter so i need a turbo that will spool a bit easy as I want to be able to do moderate pulling of trailers and not have egts through the roof. I have 125HP injectors currently, and plan to have the pop pressures reset. I am not sure on what pump i am going to end up with but plan on running a fairly agressive fuel plate, 3K gsk and some fine tuning. I want to be around 550-600 Hp if at all possible and am not sure on what turbo will work best and what would be the best mods to make to the 7100. Hopefully you guys can give me a little insight. Thanks!!

I love my 64/71 on my 12v. In top gear, I'll have 15 psi boost at 1500-1600 rpm.

Yes. 15psi at 1500 is awesome. Throw a good cam in there and it will be even better.

An hx40 won't get you over 500, and it'll be burnt at that, look at a 64mm turbo if you still want to tow. You won't likely make 600 with it though. I think your injectors will be too small. Realistically I think your expectations are a bit high to think you can get 550-600 hp with a single turbo and p-pump and still tow well with it. IMO about 500 is about the
max that will tow well without going to twins.

Feel free to prove me wrong though...

I could tow 5500lbs no problem at all with a 64/71 at 678hp. Funny part is it ran cooler towing because it was making more boost cruising.

Alright, i will have to see what i can turn up for a turbo. I know at 470 horse where i was with the vp it was real nice towing other than the bit of heat the HY35 was creating.

Back