What's a 68rfe core worth?

SC13Diesel

Just like the title says, what's a 68rfe core worth? It lost 6th and I swapped in a g56. Its time to get it out of the garage. I've also got a good converter too. Thanks for the the help guys.

I would say $600. So many guys are pulling them out and putting in 48RE's.

What about a certified crate 68rfe with 20k on it? And a g56 to take its place? Lol

Suncoast was paying $800.00 for them last year. Not sure if they are still looking for any, may give them a shout.....

If you start to turn your 07.5 or newer up, the 68 just becomes a pricey paperweight....right?

Depends on witch brand you go with. North of 1000 here with many others north of 800. The newest friction material is without a doubt the best i have run in my 4 years of testing.

Depends on witch brand you go with. North of 1000 here with many others north of 800. The newest friction material is without a doubt the best i have run in my 4 years of testing.

Sounds as though they have made big progress with the 68rfe. I spoke with a rep from Sun Coast 2 years ago and at the time they were saying it was "unbuildable" for anything pushing more than 500hp.

I didnt know it was possible to switch to a 48RE I thought the electronics were incompatable because dodge switched to CAN II with the 6.7?

Sounds as though they have made big progress with the 68rfe. I spoke with a rep from Sun Coast 2 years ago and at the time they were saying it was "unbuildable" for anything pushing more than 500hp.

No comparison to two years ago. The current model with all the latest updates is far superior over any others on the market today. There is also a lock up valve body available for this tranny as well, although it will void any and all warranties on the transmission. The valve bodies are not being marketed at this time but if someone wanted one I'm sure i could get the ball rolling.

The new clutch material is very very firm shifting but smooth, if that makes since. It literally has enough bite to haze the 2/3 3/4 4/5 without 100%lockup, with lock up it is no longer possible to do WOT runs on the street. Overdrive giving up was the biggest issue in the past, as well as the input shaft breaking in the 600hp range.

Although this new 6.7 build is making more power than my previous build the tranny feels great thus far. Who knows, i may find the next weak link tomorrow. Only time will tell.......

I'll pass this info on to my buddy with the '09. He is looking to have his 68 built, got a little gun-shy after the first call to Suncoast.

Anything in the performance world is pretty much outdated on a yearly or even monthly basis. There's always improvements and new found technology every day.

I'm getting $1500 out my 68ref. I will be putting in a RevMax 850 68rfe in later this week.

Last edited:
A lot of what you can get out of it, is if someone needs it. I got nearly $600 out of a DLD tcase years ago. I had one, a local guy needed it, and said what would it take to sell it.

Back