whats it take to twin turbo a 7.3l obs??

Mach2

hey guys, i finally made up my mind! im gonna buy my neighbors 97 obs this august or september and im wonderin what it would take to build your own set of twins? i have good fab skills so as far as piping and everything im not worried bout that. i would like to use the stock turbo as the smaller one and a good bang for your buck larger one. Is that possible?? im completely new to this and willing to take any advice you guys could give me.

Thanks a bunch!!!

what are you planning on doing with the truck and how much power do you want out of it?
for a while long island diesel performance was selling a kit that did exactly what you are talking about, I'm not sure if they still do or not.
the problem with useing the stock charger is it really limits you on how much you can do with it. I think LIDP only recomended it for towing with a smaller set of injectors.

just looking for good useable power. the truck will be towing a mow rig and various amounts of hay as i need it. i am planning on a set of total diesel performance stage one injectors and his 6 pos. chip as funds become avalible. i have found various five in exhaust kits for the superdutys on ebay that i think i can make work with a 3.5 in downpipe and little bit of modifactions. as far as intake im not sure yet but i'll address that as soon as i get the truck.

just looking for good useable power. the truck will be towing a mow rig and various amounts of hay as i need it. i am planning on a set of total diesel performance stage one injectors and his 6 pos. chip as funds become avalible. i have found various five in exhaust kits for the superdutys on ebay that i think i can make work with a 3.5 in downpipe and little bit of modifactions. as far as intake im not sure yet but i'll address that as soon as i get the truck.

You can use the S/D ex. kits but the last hanger on the frame needs to be moved back ,I unbolted the stock one and moved it back to an existing hole in the frame. Intake is as easy as finding out the inlet size of the turbo and sourcing one from a big rig.

In all honestly I would try and steer away form the stock turbo of possible. You are very liable to see extremely high back pressure and not good realiability.

Back