What's it worth??

drillpipe

Spent more to go slower
Have a friend that just picked up an 89 4x4 5 speed reg cab with 32k original miles (he collected on a debt). Has been sitting in a garage for last 12 years and looks like new. He is not a diesel head by any means and is planning on selling it. I guessed he could probably get about $4500-$5000 for it. Does that sound in the ballpark for an 89?

Find the right buyer and he might get 10,000. Why don't you put some pics of it on here and other diesel forums with a link to an ebay listing...let the bidding wars begin. ;)

I'll see if I can't get him to send me a couple pics and I'll post them up. He is not the type to put it on Ebay. It will most likely go on the side of the road with a For Sale sign stuck under a wiper blade.:lolly:

Nice cab?

If the truck is in NICE (no rust, driveable) slap it up on Ebay. You will get about $9k-$15k if it really has 32k miles...

He has an almost Holy Grail 1st gen...

If it seriously looks like it only has 32k on it, and it's a 5-speed, there's no reason he should take less than $9k for it.

Advertise it on cumminsforum for a week and see what response you get.

Throw up some pictures here too...I'd like to see it!

--Eric

at least! i paid 10k for mine 6 years ago with 96k on it, if its loaded like mine(power everything, club cab, 4x4) and its clean it would get 10k on ebay for sure

Beware, an '89 has a 5 digit speedo, which means it very well could have rolled over 2 or 3 times by now.
Garaged dry climate trucks can look perfect until you start looking at suspension and brakes.
I think your original estimate of $4500-$5000 is more realistic, given the lack of history known about it.

Also, even if it IS original miles, sitting that long in your drier climate, the injection pump will definitely need rebuilt, as will the fuel system in general.

Mark.

Back