What's my turbo doing?

Sabbath5.9

Neato niceo airplane glue
Ok first ill start off with this. I have an 04. Egr Deleted. 5inch straight. Afe stage 2 and sct 3015 only running street tune for mpg. Anyway. Couple days ago I had a cold start up with white smoke but went away pretty fast. 9 hours later start it again. Smokes again. I still have my egr valve plugged in so I took it out to see if it was just dirty. Clean as it was brand new. Wait till the next day to start the truck. No smoke. Ok then. So now it's Yesterday I ran the truck like normal. No problems. And all of a sudden I got this loud whistle noise everytime the turbo spooled. Like a boost leak or something. Went under the hood. Looked at the degas bottle. Had a little white on it. Went and bought a degas bottle cap. Put the new one on. Tuned the truck back to stock. And no noise. Ok cool. Now I get home today to check if I puked. Nope nothing and I beat on the truck to see if this noise comes back. Nothing. I put my tune back in. And there's the noise again. Like the turbo is spooling so fast and much it can't catch up. I've made a video but some reason can't upload it to YouTube or photobucket. Anyone got theroies ?

[ame="http://s1323.photobucket.com/user/sabbathjeff19/media/IMG_0858_zpsca98400e.mp4.html"]IMG_0858_zpsca98400e.mp4 Video by sabbathjeff19 | Photobucket[/ame]

Don't mind the bump I hit in the beginning of the video. It's the really whiny whistle part that I'm talking about

Didn't watch the video, but sounds like you have stretched head bolts. Got anyway to watch pressure in your coolant system?

sounds like you have a regular 6.0 turbo. they all whistle very loud when they are tuned and the egr isnt hooked up

Sounds like a normal early 6.0 turbo whistle to me and the early 6.0 turbos really screamed when they are tuned because of having 10 vanes on the exhaust side instead of 13-15 vanes the 2005-2007 turbos have.

On a side note.

This weekend I had someone try to tell me that there was something wrong with my truck because it didn't sound like the 6.0 her dad has. All I could so is smile because my girlfriend beat me to the punch and told her it was supposed to sound like that.

Back