Wheel bearing

dodgecowboy

Has anyone heard of the 10+ hub assemblys going out on these trucks before 50,000 miles? the reason I ask is because my buddy bought a 10 dodge 3/4 4x4 and his hub assembly had to be replaced, so I was wanting to see if this was common or he got a lemon.

Don't know about a 2010 with 50k, but I had to replace the driver's side on mine (02) at 250K. I went ahead and did both sides.

I wouldn't call a wearable item going out a lemon but it does seem rather soon to go out. Not unheard of tho. I wouldn't fret over it one bit tho. There's no set life expectancy for a bearing. Especially non serviceable ones....

Thanks guys, was just curious, because that seemed really early, even for a wearable part. Appreciate the imput :)

Does he run aftermarket wheels on the truck? Those are known to cause early failures.

Well just a quick update with a question, my buddies '10 chewed up another wheel bearing, on the passanger side this time. Now Im curious should I have him get the truck alligned? what could be causing these bearings to die so fast, I guess my question is, is it possible that there is something wrong in the suspension causing this?

An alignment is never bad. I know brand new trucks that have needed an alignment before.

But I do not think that's your problem. Just a bad batch of unit bearings probably. Are you replacing with timkens?

Back