Which turbo

05chevy

gear head
Hey guys so I'm looking to get a new turbo for my truck and I want a 62 or 64 I have done a lot of searching on here but I'm kinda confused. Everyone says go with a 62/65/12 but then some say the 65 chokes the engine in high rpm and the 12 gets hot fast. I know they make a 62 or 62/71/14 but I'm afraid it will not spool very well for towing. I have always seen something about a 63/68/13 but I don't really want to spend over $1500 on a turbo. Can anyone simplify this a little better for me.

Sounds like a 62/68/14 would be good for you. Has the spool up of the 65 turbine, with the top end flow of the 71 turbine from what I have heard.

Eric

Is there a vender on here or a good place to look at them and get a price. I looked on dieselpowersource.com but they only have the 65 option

For what your looking for the 68mm wheel would probably best I have also ran a 63/68/12cm and it spooled up like stock with the fuel mods in my sig. I have used both turbodaves.com(dave is a good guy and had answered the million questions i had for him) and forced inductions both were very knowledgable.

I also was thinking the same thing. I was looking at a 62/65/12 turbo but I also want lower egts if I run 7x10s when towing 8k lbs. I just want to know if I would be better off with a custom combo but I also liked the $1200 price on diesel power source.

what trans you running cause the 62/71 works great with a manual transmission and look around in med/large truck salvage yard or equipment yard and get you a turbo off the 3126 cat motors thats what i did. the turbo works great making 438 at the rear with one without the intercooler and 5x12 injectors

Yea its a manual ill have to try that

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

Back