who has upgraded the stock speakers in a mega cab?

joelc79

So with the 5" tone and normal 70mph noise i have to turn my radio up alot to hear my music. I do listen to alot of talk radio and the words are just muffled. I am considering adding some aftermarket speakers and possibly a small amplifier to assist. There has also been thoughts of adding some small "tweeters" above my seatbelt near the headliner. Im not a stereo/speaker/ guy at all. I just upgraded my radio to a double din for nav purpose so i have all kind of options for adjustments, nothing helps.
Looking for suggestions and results of similiar issues. Also interested in seeing any pics of additional tweeters mounted. I like a clean finished look, so im not going to just stick them up there. I could care less about a sub woofer, i use my truck and every cubic inch of storage is full.
thanks

Look at crutchfield.com they have a speaker finder on there. It will match everything that fits in the stock locations. I want to do mine just havent had the time.

great thing about dodges have crap loads of room on the doors, do what my friend and i did change everything to the same size, 6.5 components to b exact and the sound will b so much better and clearer since all speakers are the same size and not 6x9 front and 6.5 rear

Also look into sound deadening the cab, doors, and roof of your truck. Makes a huge difference, I think.

I agree, in my 06 mega the best thing that I ever done for it was to dynamat the whole interior. I can ride down the road with no noise and hear hardly nothing. But I will pre-warn you that it is a little bit of an expensive thing to do since you have to do it on every inch of the cabin.

Back