WHo makes the best 3.0 charger??

you are trying to tell me 3.0 trucks are not running water.what is cooling charge air then in some of these big trucks?i think if they are telling you that then someone is not telling the whole story.

you are trying to tell me 3.0 trucks are not running water.what is cooling charge air then in some of these big trucks?i think if they are telling you that then someone is not telling the whole story.

cooling with fuel and an air to h2o intrcooler. "They" are not telling me that I am doing it.:eek:wned:

3.0 not running water? Really? I guess I need to do some research. FWIW I am running a GT42 with air to air CAC and it gets Hot! I am pushing it pretty hard. Maybe I need more air (HX60):st:? I am working on a water setup right now.

3.0 not running water? Really? I guess I need to do some research. FWIW I am running a GT42 with air to air CAC and it gets Hot! I am pushing it pretty hard. Maybe I need more air (HX60):st:? I am working on a water setup right now.

i dont think you will need water if you setup is right you really would not have to go to a 60. just get you fueling right

Guy told me on the dyno they lost HP when using a GT45R so they went with the other and this was over 900 already

For a cummins a gt-42 is a very small 3.0 charger. not sure on a dmax
I have no trouble lighting the 42. I can fuel it harder but my drive pressures are holding me back. A bigger housing did not change anything. I have been thinking about either going with a HX60 and hoping I can keep on top of it with my limited RPM (5000 max) or hybrid my 42. Basicly take the comp side off it and put in on a GT45. This will give me a larger better flowing turbine. I know of several tractors running this setup. They both said lower drive pressure and more HP at the same boost level.

I have no trouble lighting the 42. I can fuel it harder but my drive pressures are holding me back. A bigger housing did not change anything. I have been thinking about either going with a HX60 and hoping I can keep on top of it with my limited RPM (5000 max) or hybrid my 42. Basicly take the comp side off it and put in on a GT45. This will give me a larger better flowing turbine. I know of several tractors running this setup. They both said lower drive pressure and more HP at the same boost level.

Have you considered running an external wastegate to keep drive in check?

I agree ever look at an s-400?
I probably should but there hard to find data on. Garretts are much easier to find info. I have heard BW makes an S400 with a 76mm inducer 112mm exducer comp wheel but I can find any useful part numbers or if it is ETT.

Have you considered running an external wastegate to keep drive in check?
Yes I have a spacer hear I made to mount under my turbo that has provision for an external gate. I need more plumbing on the passenger side like I need another hole in my head though. I have given thought to mounting the gate in the up pipe to make for less plumbing. Heck I got most of the stuff here to mount the turbo of the side of the engine. I need tp figure what I will for sure and get going.

Most people are familiar with the 4294 that PPE sells. Its a 2.8 charger

the 4202 is a 3.0.

My turbo is a 4202 not the 94. I bought it off zstroken he can vouch for it being a 4202. I use a PPE downpipe and a PPE pedistal. The rest of the install kit I did not care for so I fabbed and machined my own.

I think it was an Hy35 that I put in a package and called it a 4202!
I think the 76 has a 102mm exducer, pretty much the same size as your 4202. It is an ETT wheel.

Back