Why the differences in injector size while trying to achieve the same result?

Sportster1208

Ok I'm throwing this out there for info only and I might get boo'd but I'm wondering and looking for an answer.
Ok I'm running a P24 clipped 2.6 turbo and 6x.016's. I've been looking to change my setup to get a little more competitive and Ive looked at some top running trucks and some are running 6x.013-6x.014's and then theres guys running 5x.020's-5x.022's? Another guy called Industrial to match his setup same thing a P24 and they told him if he wanted to make big power fuel only he'd need 6x.020-6x.022's? Why the big differences? What factors need to be looked at to make an injector selection?

Do 12mm and 13mm pumps require different size injectors to achieve different results?

Thanks guys

5-hole will make the most power, orifice size depends on the amount of air.

5-hole will make the most power, orifice size depends on the amount of air.

Ok if that's the case I've seen an S480 truck with a T6 96 wheel, 13mm pump, 200/220 cam running 6x.013-.014's? How does that work on the equation of more air more injector?

Didn't say a smaller injector couldn't work, an S480 isn't a large 2.6" charger.

Will a 13mm pump allow you to be able to run smaller injectors along with a larger turbo? Vice versa will a maxed 180 pump require bigger injectors to make up for the fuel?

Sometimes a large injector can help a 12mm if it is shy on overall flow, but there is no real point in running a small orifice injector @ higher RPM.

Sounds like he is also comparing a 24v to a 12v setup

Will a 13mm pump allow you to be able to run smaller injectors along with a larger turbo? Vice versa will a maxed 180 pump require bigger injectors to make up for the fuel?

A 13mm pump set at 500cc will make more power than a 12mm pump at 500cc, and will do it with less smoke.

Sounds like he is also comparing a 24v to a 12v setup

I actually wasn't comparing 12v to the equation, Weston's selling the new 5 hole 24v injectors but looking at a cross dimensional chart 5x.020 or 5x.022's would be huge compared to what I'm running now. Im having a hard time spending a fortune on a 2.6 custom billet protrusion turbo and I'm considering redoing my setup to run a 2.8 class.

Back