Will this cam work for me?

revolutiondsl

Cat buys my Cummins parts
Maxspool 170*/215*, .270, .305 Install @ 100+/- 2*. Does not require flycuts. Would this cam run good in an 03 2.5 truck? Im going to be running big single CP3 and like a 250 to 300 hp injector. Ill have the head ported and polished and a 2.5 charger. 4.10s and 33 inch tires with an Auto. I really dont know just looking for advice.

Stay away from that cam. I have one in not impressed. It coming out, look at its spec's in the new fuel econmy cam hamilton just done. Pretty much the same things. I run this same grind cam with a S400 turbo for 2.6 with large single cp3, large injectors with fully ported head. Also ran qsb480 pistons. I havent been impressed. It coming out in prolly making it way to scrape. I think there is a marine cam with same spec's.
Ive talked to chase @ fleece in he said stay with stock cam over this cam. I talked to a few more about it in they didnt like the spec's on it.

Last edited:
ya kinda figured. I was planning on a new hamilton or max spool or something.

Its got 120hp injectors and an LBZ pump now with S468 which I know is bigger then 2.5. It needs more fuel for sure its super clean on top not even a haze and Im doing alot of airflow enhancements. Im not dead set on the set up but Im doing it all at once this winter.

Stay away from that cam. I have one in not impressed. It coming out, look at its spec's in the new fuel econmy cam hamilton just done. Pretty much the same things. I run this same grind cam with a S400 turbo for 2.6 with large single cp3, large injectors with fully ported head. Also ran qsb480 pistons. I havent been impressed. It coming out in prolly making it way to scrape. I think there is a marine cam with same spec's.
Ive talked to chase @ fleece in he said stay with stock cam over this cam. I talked to a few more about it in they didnt like the spec's on it.

That cam is not even in the same class as a Hamilton.

Give Hamilton a call and ask them. 188/220 is probably more what you need. Do a search for that cam on here. Lots of good info and dyno graphs for your viewing pleasure.

That cam is not even in the same class as a Hamilton.

Give Hamilton a call and ask them. 188/220 is probably more what you need. Do a search for that cam on here. Lots of good info and dyno graphs for your viewing pleasure.

I know that cam not in the same class as the 188/220. It what greg sold me a few years back. Cam is no where what i need or recomend. If look at my avator pic that the truck with that exact cam in it. It going in the waste mangement file when pulled in a few weeks. Ill post picks up of cam when pulled to see what cam lobes looks like. I run zinc every oil change which is 5 pulls. I do oil samples ever two changes with blackstone lab. The cam that was stated in op will not flow enough air up top.

Back