Will this turbo work for me?

1stgensleeper

So I'm thinking about buying an 11 blade billet wheeled 63/71/14 turbo from Taylor but I'm not sure if it will support my mods and do what I need it too.
My current mods are:
•Benched 887 p-pump, racked barrels, balanced, 4k gsk, Weston 7mm 100cc DV's, stock fuel plate all the way forward. Shop told me its putting out 310cc's
•Weston 5x14 VCO injectors that were edm'd and are close to 5x16 now.
•Maxspool 184/210 cam
I also plan to port the head a little and I'm going to run a Steed Speed manifold. I need to know if the above turbo would clear up what I have for fuel and would it be able to tow at all? Those are my main concerns. It will be a daily drive/weekend warrior that I take to the drag strip. I appreciate all advice.

Thanks,
Jared

So I'm thinking about buying an 11 blade billet wheeled 63/71/14 turbo from Taylor but I'm not sure if it will support my mods and do what I need it too.
My current mods are:
•Benched 887 p-pump, racked barrels, balanced, 4k gsk, Weston 7mm 100cc DV's, stock fuel plate all the way forward. Shop told me its putting out 310cc's
•Weston 5x14 VCO injectors that were edm'd and are close to 5x16 now.
•Maxspool 184/210 cam
I also plan to port the head a little and I'm going to run a Steed Speed manifold. I need to know if the above turbo would clear up what I have for fuel and would it be able to tow at all? Those are my main concerns. It will be a daily drive/weekend warrior that I take to the drag strip. I appreciate all advice.

Thanks,
Jared

LOL you haven't researched the 63 much?

It will clear up 300cc, and spool like it's paid to do it. Still probably my favorite wheel.

With 5x.014's, you shouldn't get too hot in one pass. With my 5x.016's, my 63/74/.7 never got over 1800. I think with 5.014's, even with a benched pump, you will be perfectly ok for just a few seconds.

Taylor would be able to give you better insight though.

Last edited:
Ok. My injectors were edm'd so they're about as big as your 5x16s now. Did you have the 11 blade wheel?

I honestly can't remember, it was an ED charger, billet wheel. It was sold to aaron hipps, and he turned it into a 66, so he's the last person who'd know.

I towed a little bit with mine. Like I said, it's a spool monster. It did fine. With that much fuel, you'd want to make sure the AFC is done right. And I don't know which housing the 14cm is, but .91 should work just fine.

EDIT: Actually, how heavy/often are we talking here?

Last edited:
It would be like 3 times a year on family camping trips in the summer. It's a 26' fifth wheel trailer. Not sure on the weight.

I have no idea. I'm going to check with the guy I bought them from. I bought them locally. That is one thing I was concerned about. How good the edm quality was.

I know they were sent to you Weston and had the pop pressures redone. If I gave you the numbers on them could you give me any info?

Back