wired wastegate open....interesting results

B18B1LS1

Played with my internal wastegate today on the twins, and ended up wiring the wastegate completely open. So far its spools better than having it functional. I think getting some air straight to the primary really helps out. Obviously with a big wastegate this wouldn't work, but with this little pee shooter hole it seems to be a happy medium. Anyone else try this?

Thats why with some twin set ups we build we prefer to run non w/g housings.

I ran it that way too, with the wastegate blocked off. Doesnt the air lose some of its potential having to run through the turbine.

I have a 38mm internal gate on my HX34/14 and if its hanging open you'll know it, it will take what seems like a day to spool. When closed off wired shut it goes from lighting by 1900 to like 2400rpm when open.

I ran it that way too, with the wastegate blocked off. Doesnt the air lose some of its potential having to run through the turbine.

Bypassing it would be a better option. The non wastegated housings and big external gate's are the way to go.

Definately the way to go, I'll go back to an external eventually. Just playing with what I have for now!

Back