Wiring Diagram - Blower Motor

Supersingle

I've recently been having some wiring gremlins. The blower motor is not functioning unless I plug in with a jumper wire. The windshield wipers turn on when I use the left blinker and/or honk the horn. Not too sure if these issues are related or not. Anyway... If you guys can help me out with a wiring diagram or some pointers, I'd surely appreciate it.

Thanks!

Wipers are probably due to a bad "multifunction switch".

The blower motor could possibly be caused by the ignition switch. When mine went bad, it would randomly start blowing again after I shut the truck off.

I'll have to pick up a multi-function switch tomorrow.

I'll have to check the ignition switch. I have power at the fuse box and the fuses looked good. Looks like the ignition switch might be the culprit.

The seatbelt light has been coming on lately and locking the seat belts. Could this be related to the blower motor issue?

I'd like to look at a wiring diagram to see if any of these issues share a common ground or common hot wire.

Thanks!

Last edited:
Picked up a multi-function switch from auto zone today. Installed it and had the same issues... Did some more research and apparently there is a ground wire that is located under and in front of the driver's side battery that corrodes and causes similar issues. I'm going to check that tomorrow.

Looked into the blower motor issue as well. I have power from the fuse panel and keyed power to the blower relay. I ran a jumper wire from the negative side of the battery to the ground side of the relay and the blower motor started functioning correctly. Looks like I have some major earthing issues...

Repaired the ground wire in front of the driver's side battery and everything functions correctly. Wipers don't turn on when the left turn signal is on and the blower motor is working like a champ.

Im glad you found this. Any time you trigger another circuit and the suspect becomes active you have introduced another electrical path. Great troubleshoot.

Sent from my MB860

Back