worse mpg with bigger charger?

qssc

Has anyone else experienced getting worse mpg after they swap to a larger charger? I was getting around 20mpg with a stock and I put a super b special on and my mileage went way down. If im cruising i am making 3-4 psi and i can easily get up the road without blowing ANY smoke. I am lucky to be getting 10mpg running it easy now. Anyone else experience this?--thanks

Its a p-pumped 24v with a 160 pump. 24* timing. Egt's are 750-800 cruising and WOT get to 1400

You might see a 2-3mpg drop, but 10mpg sounds like something is way off in either the tuning or calculations!

might be a dumb suggestion...but ive seen boost leaks cause some serious mpg loss....also i know when i put my bigger turbo on i had a hard time to keep my foot out of it....im not making any accusations just trying to eliminate some of the possibilities
good luck
josh

I have a Super B Special as a secondary and I still get good mileage, 16-18 around town and 20-22 on the highway at 65. I would check for boost leaks and maybe afc adjustments.

i was getting around 17-18 running a 66mm turbo on my truck before i took it out and put the 12v in. i am sure with a better housing and some more tuning i could of gotten even better.

Something is up....I've never seen a mileage drop that bad, even going up to a 3" single

That 64mm shouldn't make much difference honestly
Chris

Back