Wouldn't you like taking my entry fee as your prize money?

kas83

I've been contemplating this scenario for a little while. Last year I got rid of my CTD in favor of a crewcab Ford with a 6.9 diesel, and a place to live. Anyways, stats are Crew Cab longbed dually, swapped in ZF5, swapped in Dana 60 high pinion front, Banks non-gated turbo. Now, I haven't taken it to any pulls, and doubt I will, but I've been talking with some officials, and my buddies, and all the rules state I would have to pull exhibition, since it has 6 tires. I'd be lucky to put 150 hp to the ground with this thing as it sits, I highly doubt it would be competitive, would be purely for sport and laughs.

I understand rules are rules, but what are your guys' thought on it? It's completely hypothetical at this point, I'm just trying to get some perspective on it.

Let one in, you open the door to others. Just say you'll pull exhibition after the stock diesel class so you get the same boat setup and get to pull against others. Thats how we usually handle it around here.

What are the rules actually? Is it for a club or brush pull? Brush pulls really don't have rules at all...

The brush pulls around here use one of two pulling organizations from what I'm told, and both say no dually trucks.

I guess you're right about letting others pull if I were to be able to.

Just noticed your a sconnie, brush pulls around here can have duals most of the time

I've been contemplating this scenario for a little while. Last year I got rid of my CTD in favor of a crewcab Ford with a 6.9 diesel, and a place to live. Anyways, stats are Crew Cab longbed dually, swapped in ZF5, swapped in Dana 60 high pinion front, Banks non-gated turbo. Now, I haven't taken it to any pulls, and doubt I will, but I've been talking with some officials, and my buddies, and all the rules state I would have to pull exhibition, since it has 6 tires. I'd be lucky to put 150 hp to the ground with this thing as it sits, I highly doubt it would be competitive, would be purely for sport and laughs.

I understand rules are rules, but what are your guys' thought on it? It's completely hypothetical at this point, I'm just trying to get some perspective on it.

i say go for it and have fun.. like you said, your not going to be competetive.. it will just be fun. when i was in high school a friend and myself used to pull an 86 f250..it was basically stock.. rebuilt turned up pump, new injectors, 4in exhaust and custom intake..and propane injection.. no turbo or any kind of forced induction. just naturally aspirated.. we were never ever even close to the other trucks.. but it was fun trying!!

just remove the inner duals or find a set of single rear wheels to run when pulling. cheap and affective.

Back