Wtf? Hydro question

Sabbath5.9

Neato niceo airplane glue
Ok so I'm about to swap the nv4500 into the truck and all I need is the hydros and a clutch. So I make a phone call to a diesel company that I won't bust on here, the pedals I got are from an 01. My truck is a 96. So this company is telling me I need to order both sets of hydros to make it work. Is this true? I'm pretty sure I only need the ones from an 01. Thanks

There's 2 different pushrods on the hydro master cylinder.
1994-1997 use a shorter pushrod than 1998-2002.

The early version uses the pedal bracket to lock in the master cylinder, the late version uses a bolt in bracket to lock in the master.

Mark.

There's 2 different pushrods on the hydro master cylinder.
1994-1997 use a shorter pushrod than 1998-2002.

The early version uses the pedal bracket to lock in the master cylinder, the late version uses a bolt in bracket to lock in the master.

Mark.

Nailed it.

I have a used set of hydro's from my old 99' I'd let go fairly cheap.

Since you have the '01 pedals, you need the '98-up hydros, obviously, BUT...
Did you get the '01 pedal support bracket (under the dash) to go with the pedals?
If not, you're going to have to do some massaging to make things fit.

Mark.

Here's a few pics of the differences, albeit these aren't that great of pics and the angles might throw someone off, you get the gist of what things look like with them:

Early hydro-master engine compartment side:
2ndgenhydro0_zps19cf9a68.jpg

Dash side looking up from underside:
2ndgenhydro3_zps84821350.jpg

LATE hydro-master engine side:
2ndgenhydro1_zps008a5247.jpg

Dash side:
2ndgenhydro2_zps0f73ca91.jpg

Mark.

Last edited:
Ok anther question. If I don't have the support bracket. Can I just swap pedals on my auto assembly and get the 94-97 hydros. And thanks alot Mark

Yes, you can go that way, use the '94-'97 hydros and install the pedals in your current bracket.

A word of wisdom.
The pin comes out best from the left side of the pedals, so pull the right side clip.
Have patience, a nice right angle pick for the clip and plenty of light.

Mark.

Thanks alot man. I ordered te pedals from eBay and never even checked out the box yet lol. Stupid on my part. Thanks

The master brackets are different that's he only thing I saw on my swap rods where the same length bought both styles sense I bought the wrong master the time

I'll have both hydro masters out over the weekend and I'll show pics of the differences.

Mark.

Back