Organizing chains in a tool box

roachie

Taco Master
Anyone have some sort of boxes to organize your chains in the truck box? I've got 4x 10ft chains and 3x 20ft and I'm tired of them just laying in my toolbox taking up floor space for other junk.

I keep mine in burlap feed sacks. Twist the top and put a zip tie on it. Keeps them separated, and keeps them a little quieter rather than just riding metal on metal.

I use Tidy Scoop cat litter buckets to keep my recovery straps, shackles, straps, and chains in. Plus the have a snap lid on them and you can keep them in the back of the truck and not worry about them getting wet.

On my GN boxes I have a piece of all-thread from one end to the other that I hang the chains on similar to the way the semi's headache rack works. The chains do pile up in the bottom of the box, but it is easy to separate them by the way they are hung, and pull any of them out when you need.

I use an old cooler. I put chains and 2 boomers on one side and 2 or 3 straps and rachets on the other side.

Last edited:
Mine hang on a piece of angle iron and down into the box. easy to grab and they dont get all tangled. I always put the other hook on a link clost to the angle iron too.

I use Tidy Scoop cat litter buckets to keep my recovery straps, shackles, straps, and chains in. Plus the have a snap lid on them and you can keep them in the back of the truck and not worry about them getting wet.

i sencond that, they have a handle, lid, and are pretty tough.

My box on my PJ has a rack similar to whats on a semi you can hang the chains on if they have a hook keeps them pretty organized and doesn't bunch them up

I just throw them in the bed. My tool box is too full of tools for chains and binders. The binders and cheater bar are up in the box on the rack.

Garrett

Probably getting paid at work to post this from my D1

milk crates in the chain box on the trailers, the straps just get rolled up ad set in the milk crates too. but as for in the best of the truck, just leave the chains in the bed and straps in the tool box in a milk crate. my chains get used often tho.

Back