Price of PPumping

Rattlin_Ram

I found the parts list on here for p-pumping a 24v. But I was just curious what an "approximate" price is for ppl doing the swap? Just for the parts. And how much of the total parts price is the pump? Is that the most expensive part?

:Cheer:

i have not kept track of it...i would cry if i did. LOL

i am somewhere in the $5k range but that included pump, all swap parts, cummins gaskets, header, turbo, IC boots, cam, pushrods, new FASS and my own big line kit i put together.

So for just going to same for same hp levels, say if my VP takes a dump and I wanna p-pump for reliability. I'm wondering about how much it would cost me?

$1500, $2000, $2500 or is it more than that???

I know there are a lot of variables but just wondering if I could get the basic swap done for say $2000?

I would figure at least $2500. Then you have to think about modifying your fuel system, maybe a camshaft while your in there, that means valve springs, and other small things that might come up.

IMHO, If you are in that deep and want more than 500hp you might as well get:

Everything for the P-Pump Swap
Cam
Springs
Pushrods

Remeber you can always sell your stock parts to offset the cost.

A way to do is to buy a 12v motor get all the parts you want off of it and sell the rest of the parts off the engine. Depends of how well you wheel and deal.

I found a running 12v locally for $2400... with the pump... 180k on the clock....

What do you need the Cam, Springs, and Pushrods for? More rpm? or for running the factory lift pump or something?

i bet you could go from a 500hp vp44 to a 500hp p-pump for under $1800 before selling off the VP44 stuff, thats not adding a cam, and all other goodies. thats just swapping from a tuned/controlled vp44, to a mildy built p-pump. this is not buying the kit tho...this is doing like i did and scour the classifieds and ebay for months and slowly gather the parts when i find a good deal.

by the time its all said and done it would cost as much as a new vp44.

I spent $700 for a stock 180 pump, throttle linkage, oil line, throttle cable, pump gear, shut down solenoid and pump bracket. I still need to get the timing gear housing and fuel lines. I can a new from Cummins housing for $180 and I expect to pay about $600ish for the .093 lines. Thats puts me at $1700... I did all my pump mods except the 5KGSK for free. The GSK will cost me $200 new. So my total is about $1900 there, so when all is said and done probably 2 grand. But I sold my Redline box for $900, Adrenaline for $450 and my HRVP is for sale for $1000, so if I sell that I'll be ahead still... The cam, valve springs, bigger turbo, injectors and motor rebuild where all something I had to do anyway. So it depends on how good of deals you can find and how good of friends you have.

Oh yeah, my new cam will be free too :D Along with the 200GPH Fass pump to replace my 150...

Buying a built pump defintely runs the price up though... All depends what level you want to be at.

I spent $700 for a stock 180 pump, throttle linkage, oil line, throttle cable, pump gear, shut down solenoid and pump bracket. I still need to get the timing gear housing and fuel lines. I can a new from Cummins housing for $180 and I expect to pay about $600ish for the .093 lines. Thats puts me at $1700... I did all my pump mods except the 5KGSK for free. The GSK will cost me $200 new. So my total is about $1900 there, so when all is said and done probably 2 grand. But I sold my Redline box for $900, Adrenaline for $450 and my HRVP is for sale for $1000, so if I sell that I'll be ahead still... The cam, valve springs, bigger turbo, injectors and motor rebuild where all something I had to do anyway. So it depends on how good of deals you can find and how good of friends you have.

Oh yeah, my new cam will be free too :D Along with the 200GPH Fass pump to replace my 150...

Where did you get deals like this? Or did you just buy a complete 12v motor?

I did some shopping I live on the internet and mine cost less than what I sold my VP, smarty and comp box for. I gave 1200$ for my conversion including a 500CC + pump

Back