Price of PPumping

WOW Thats a little high!!!

If your lucky maybe you can find a truck already done.. I bought mine because it was a good deal. 97 ext cab 5sp 24 valve head conversion and twins for 10K.. I couldnt even find a stock 97 around home that price!!!

some guy at the track said it would cost over $8000.00:hehe:

i added a tube header, new turbo, billet tappet cover, stainless tube intake, new cam, pushrods, new FASS, gasser dash, new FP gauge, a clutch rebuild, and soon to be adding 37 spline axles and minispool and wont have $8k in it this whole winter.

I can see $8k in a swap, if you buy a conversion kit from one of the shops, a nicely tuned pump, and then pay a shop to do it. It doesn't take long for the money to add up that way.

Those of you that have shopped around and do the work yourself are saving tons for sure.

I probably spent over $8k finding injectors that worked. My conversion is over5 years old and back then there was less info available.

We just did the whole conversion for less than a grand. EVERYTHING!!! Just take your time and buy the parts as you find them. The hardest thing is the lines as you dont see many come up used. We got lucky and found a good set but if your budget is tight and your patience high you can always rebend the stockers. I have seen several trucks done that way but never have tried to tackle it myself

For injectors can you just use 24v injectors with the pop off adjusted? Or what do you use?

Back