whats your guess?

Chevycummins

Bad case of Tinkeritis!
with the mods in my sig what would you all guess my hp range would be at the rear wheel? i believe i am going with a big enough clutch hopefully cause i doubt i am up to 600 hp yet but before i went to the dyno again i kinda wanted to see some insight as to what i might put down. i am hoping to beat my brother dmax when i do go.

thanks

i just have the stock 190 hp pump fed with a stock lift pump and holley blue pump. the fuel plate is a custom cut one that is similar to a 10 but is as deep as a 0 or 100

i made 484 with a 913 fuel pump with true 370 injectors and an hx-40

whats the 913 pump compared to the pump i would have and did you have any other mods?

Not sure how much fuel your pump puts out, but you should be around 500, if it's tuned well.

displacedtexan you really think i could be close to 500? what would you suggest as far as afc mods? or suggest as far as tuning?

Maybe Smokem will chime in... But this is what he said to me about my inquiry about a 230hp 844 pump...

Smokem said:
Using a P7100 from a Medium Duty application is not a wise decision.

Smokem said:
Same cam, but the plunger design is not a good choice for performance.

I was also told that they have something like a 179 DV... Similar to a 181, but some of the holder dimensions are a little bit different.

I would assume that to get to 500hp you would need the Mack rack plug and the required AFC mods. But I wouldn't doubt 450 easy enough. But then again, what do I know, I've never even dyno'ed a truck, so I may be wrong :Cheer:

Maybe Smokem will chime in... But this is what he said to me about my inquiry about a 230hp 844 pump...

I was also told that they have something like a 179 DV... Similar to a 181,
but some of the holder dimensions are a little bit different.

I would assume that to get to 500hp you would need the Mack rack plug and the required AFC mods. But I wouldn't doubt 450 easy enough. But then again, what do I know, I've never even dyno'ed a truck, so I may be wrong :Cheer:

yeah i guess ill have to try and pull mine out and see what they are.
and i will have to check into that plug i have heard its not really worth the 15 bucks to put that in but i thought i seen a forum that maybe smokem posted about all the measurements and all the afc mods.

yeah i guess ill have to try and pull mine out and see what they are.
and i will have to check into that plug i have heard its not really worth the 15 bucks to put that in but i thought i seen a forum that maybe smokem posted about all the measurements and all the afc mods.

It's a waste if you don't have the AFC mods done... You need a deep cut plate too. Otherwise you won' get the full 21mm of rack travel that the plug will allow (stock plugs stop somewhere around 17-18mm IIRC, but don't quote me on that)

It's a waste if you don't have the AFC mods done... You need a deep cut plate too. Otherwise you won' get the full 21mm of rack travel that the plug will allow (stock plugs stop somewhere around 17-18mm IIRC, but don't quote me on that)

yeah mine is kinda cut like a 10 i believe but if i remember correctly the little dip it has is cut to about the depth of a 0 or 100 and since i dont know all the physics about the rack travel and all i wouldnt know if it was or wasnt a waste. i am kinda stuck at a point that i am doing what free or cheaper mods i can do to tweak my truck. afraid if i go too much higher i will start breaking things that i cant afford to replace lol

Attachments

• plateprofiles0ny.jpg
    plateprofiles0ny.jpg
    20.8 KB · Views: 8
thanks displacedtexan i thought i seen that link somewhere and couldnt remember where i read it at ill have to see what i can get done after i get my clutch in

i have a 5k spring kit and stock delivery valves with a missing fuel plate...i dont know what happened to it...???

Why not just gut the afc and pull the plate for a dyno run? That way theres no concern about getting full rack travel.
Also, turbos don't make HP, they only supply enough air to burn the fuel.
Fuel makes HP.

Back