Six speed in 12valve

ive heard the nv4500 is better than the nv5600 because you cant find parts for the 6 speed

That is true, you can build a 4500 to be as strong... its then easier to find parts if it breaks too... Plus it will probably shift alot smoother also. Only downside is the 5600 gives you a better gear selection to work with.

six speed

Sorry for not being specific, a buddy of mine bought a 95 automatic and has a 01 6 speed. We swaped transmissions and can not put into gear, my question is why, is the rear housing different? Tmoney yes this is jacob, who am i talk to.

im thinkin about doin this also, but 2 of my buddies have 6speeds and there soo slow! they are tached out at like 80 so i dont think i wanna do that?

yeah thats what i thought but one has 3.50 and the other 3.73. and the 3.73 truck has 38's on it and there are fuel burning machines on the interstate...almost as bad as a powerstroke lol :hehe:

I dont know about 6 speed trans making a truck slow, the ratio is almost the same. Maybe your friends need more power?

yeah thats what i thought but one has 3.50 and the other 3.73. and the 3.73 truck has 38's on it and there are fuel burning machines on the interstate...almost as bad as a powerstroke lol :hehe:

Even if he's running in 5th, or direct drive, gear, those tires with that rearend puts him at 2700 rpm. So again, I'm missing quite a bit on this one.

I dont know about 6 speed trans making a truck slow, the ratio is almost the same. Maybe your friends need more power?

The G56 has 2 different overdrive ratios I believe. One makes a truck with 3.73s act like it's going down the highway with 4.10s. The other one is a better ratio. From what I remember, the NV5600 and NV4500 have the same overdrive ratio.

im thinkin about doin this also, but 2 of my buddies have 6speeds and there soo slow! they are tached out at like 80 so i dont think i wanna do that?

theres no way my 6 spd truck has 3.55 gears and i can bury the speed ometer. if they are fuel hogs with those tires i suggest you put lower gears in them and you will get back a lot of the fuel milage and power.

ditto, my old 01 6 speed with 3.54 gears and 35s would hit 115 mph(uncorrected) before egts got to hot(1250) with a little of this at that. At them speeds and such the tach was of little concern.

Back