Six speed in 12valve

The NV4500 has a .75 OD ratio and the NV5600 has a .73 OD ratio. Not much difference. Maybe a 100 rpm difference but it's probably less.

I've had people tell me the engine adapter plates were different from Auto to manual...still don't know for sure.

I did have a NV5600 in my 95, but have since pulled it back out, since I don't pull everyday with the truck myself...the 5 speed shift nicer, and the old guys that drive it now could care less. When I drive it now, I'm usually honing on it, so that makes it better:D

When you swapped them, did you take the hydraulics apart, or leave them in one piece? Possibly have air in them?
Chris

we got the Hyd up grade for it and still the same problem, going to pull the trans tomorrow. Sunday 1/1/09

Does it have a single disk or double disk clutch in it now and when the trans came out of the other truck what did it have single or double disk. The reason i ask is there is the washer behind the pivot ball that needs to be there if you run a single and make sure the backing plate is the same on a manuel and a auto, for some reason im thinking they are different and was the trans good to start with if all the clutch stuff is good sounds like something internal. I had a NV5600 behind a 12v in the truck in my avatar, with no problems.

Last edited:
i don't know for sure about the backing plate on the 6-speed but i have parted several trucks now and the backing plate on the 12v autos and 5-speeds have the exact same numbers cast into them and a 24v auto was the same as the 95 12v's i had too. your trouble might be in the pilot bearing too.???

There have been 2-3 guys put G56s in their 12-valve trucks and all were pleased with the results. The trans crossmember has to be notched down an inch or so and it will fit fine. With the 3.54 axle the final ratio isn't too bad especially if you have a GSK.

Sorry for not being specific, a buddy of mine bought a 95 automatic and has a 01 6 speed. We swaped transmissions and can not put into gear, my question is why, is the rear housing different? Tmoney yes this is jacob, who am i talk to.

This is Taylor i just saw your friend request on myspace a couple weeks ago and remembered the truck in your avatar, why do you want to put a 6spd in your truck? just wondering

..... sorry im a idiot and dont know how to read

We removed the 6 spd along with dual cluch (pressure plate, dual disk,intermediate and flywheel) and installed on the 12v. This weekend we are going to pull back the transmission to look at the pivot ball for washer.
Thanks Jeremy

Jacob

Whats up Tmoney?

Back