400 hp, no plate?

Wozxxx86

i need money
ive been seaching the forums, and have come across peope saying that they are making 400 hp with a stock plate.
is this possible?
howa bout with my 815 160hp pump? if so id like to know how, i know puttin a plate in is easy, but id like to learn about the pump in the process of makin power, not just plug and play. right now i have stock every thing other than

cold air
4 in straight pipe
ddp stg 2 sticks
16.5 timing
i have turned the star wheel towards the engine a couple turns, made a difference with the butt meter on take off
thnkx aheada time

man i've heard that so much it isnt funny if you pull the plate on a (215) pump you arent gettin 400whp with just that mod its self now injectors bigger delivery vlaves ect then yea but not by just pullin the plate no... now as other members have pointed out i dont know about the 160 pump so you will have to ask them

Add a moded afc, mack plug, some 181 DV's, guages, and a 16cm or 18.5 exhaust housing and you should be there. I don't know much about the stock plate but if you mod your afc right and adjust you gov arm the fuel plate is not needed IMO.

on my 96 1 ton flat bed i truck has a 180 pump and i have ditched the afc and took the plate completly out. only other thing performance wise i have is 4k springs. everything else is stock except for exhaust and intake. stock sticks and so on. truck made 243 at the wheels . egts never get above 1200 unless i run it past 3k rpm

im assuming that moddin the arm in the afc is what you talking about? also assuming that it is the same as a moddin the one on a 215? and as far as adjusting the gov, i know nothing about. all i knew is that it wasnt good to run with no plate

I had a bone stock pump (cam plate was stock proflie, untouched) stock injectors and just some custom cut DV's and a 66mm turbo (38lbs) and made right at 400.

It can be done, but the turbo is going to be the biggest limiting factor.

on my 96 1 ton flat bed i truck has a 180 pump and i have ditched the afc and took the plate completly out. only other thing performance wise i have is 4k springs. everything else is stock except for exhaust and intake. stock sticks and so on. truck made 243 at the wheels . egts never get above 1200 unless i run it past 3k rpm

Sounds really low on hp for those mods, I think your truck is broken!

I've made just over 400hp with stock injectors, HX35/18.5cm, 022's, 2095 plug, 3K GSK, and 19° static on an 841 P7100. It made the number I was looking for, but the EGT's were very high.

do you think some smaller dv's (181's) and a bigger set of injectors for example his ddp 2's would make the same number with your combo?

I had a bone stock pump (cam plate was stock proflie, untouched) stock injectors and just some custom cut DV's and a 66mm turbo (38lbs) and made right at 400.

It can be done, but the turbo is going to be the biggest limiting factor.

How did that turbo ever spool? Timing advance?

Sounds really low on hp for those mods, I think your truck is broken!

i am not a 12v guy and i am pretty stupid when it comes to the pump. are you being serious or just playing with me lol cuase i was thinking the same thing. although it still has the stock turbo, stock injectors, stock dvs, pretty much stock everything. even stock timing. just no plate and no afc.

i was readin up a diesel tech article, i believe that it was repowerd 12v, 370 marines, 4 in ex, cold air, and on their last dyno run, they took the plate out and made in the neighborhood of 247 sumthin at the wheels it was a 96 or 97 12v. ok i think that tomorrow i'll mess with the afc and plate a lil.

what size is the break off screw ? id like to get a replacement before i start. also is their any gain to a stock pump from moddin the afc arm for more travel? and on a final note, are their any pics of doing a 3k gsk while the pump is on the truck, i only ask because ive heard that it only takes like an hour to do. but my local shop says that im best to wiat till i have the pump rebuilt since it has to come of the truck to replace them ( 6 hours labor) from what they say. didnt think that the springs would take longer then puttin washers in it

i am not a 12v guy and i am pretty stupid when it comes to the pump. are you being serious or just playing with me lol cuase i was thinking the same thing. although it still has the stock turbo, stock injectors, stock dvs, pretty much stock everything. even stock timing. just no plate and no afc.

I'm not poking fun at all, just saying you should be able to make a good bit more with that combo. My buddy took his 96 to the dynojet the other day, it has mild port work and a 4gsk and thats it. Stock sticks, stock turbo, stock 181 dv's, etc...... The rest of the mods were the basic free stuff. Made 405 rwhp.

I'm not poking fun at all, just saying you should be able to make a good bit more with that combo. My buddy took his 96 to the dynojet the other day, it has mild port work and a 4gsk and thats it. Stock sticks, stock turbo, stock 181 dv's, etc...... The rest of the mods were the basic free stuff. Made 405 rwhp.

really? what do you think my problem could be? what should i check?

Back