400 hp, no plate?

has any one ver broke off onea them afc bolts? howd you get them out if so? with out damage?

you about have to break off the afc bolt.......i like taking a drill and drilling out the center of the tamper proof/break off bolt then taking vice grips and spining it out

fuel press and make sure your fuel shutdown is all the way up when the truck is running.

a truck with my mods should smoke quit abit shouldnt it? i mean i get a huge black cloud if i just punch it cause of the afc missing but after boost comes on it almost completly cleans up. thats with 4k springs and no plate and no afc. stock everything else. does that sound right?

no, i didnt break off the break off screw, that came out with a flat head screw driver and a hammer with ease. it was one that holds the fuel shut off bracket on, it broke, its not leakin so itll stay put as a stud

400 hp w/ no plate .. i dont thinks so as theres just not enough air and fuel to do so even with a 215 pump. Dont even think about it with a 160 as their dvs are even more restricted then my 180s

This is just another case of ricer mentality (no it doesnt have to be a certain car). Some one made up number, said they were fast, and people bought it. But we all know when a well built vehicle shuts them down they make excuses, get embarrased, go home , and cry.

a truck with my mods should smoke quit abit shouldnt it? i mean i get a huge black cloud if i just punch it cause of the afc missing but after boost comes on it almost completly cleans up. thats with 4k springs and no plate and no afc. stock everything else. does that sound right?

anyone, does this sound right? 180 pump

get more fuel to it and it should straighten out man.i know my truck with the 215 pump rolls a cloud from hell before boost and after.... my 97 did to as well as my 92

400 hp w/ no plate .. i dont thinks so as theres just not enough air and fuel to do so even with a 215 pump. Dont even think about it with a 160 as their dvs are even more restricted then my 180s

This is just another case of ricer mentality (no it doesnt have to be a certain car). Some one made up number, said they were fast, and people bought it. But we all know when a well built vehicle shuts them down they make excuses, get embarrased, go home , and cry.

I would have to disagree.

As would I...

buddy of mine at school put his 97 12v 5spd on the dyno once, had a #0 plate stock nozzles and DV's, plugged the wastegate line and put down 298, 301, and 305 hp.

I made 405hp 180 pump,no plate, stock injectors, stock dv's, stock hx 35/12, cds 5k's, mild head porting, never over 38psi

cool. that will be the first thing i check. if thats not an issue what would be my next thing to check?

there is always timing

I've made just over 400hp with stock injectors, HX35/18.5cm, 022's, 2095 plug, 3K GSK, and 19° static on an 841 P7100. It made the number I was looking for, but the EGT's were very high.

I would also take this advise given here ... hes kinda super smart

I made 405hp 180 pump,no plate, stock injectors, stock dv's, stock hx 35/12, cds 5k's, mild head porting, never over 38psi

i can understand it with 5ks and head porting but not at 2700 rpm w/ nothing else being touched (that includes messing with the wastgate in anyway). Other then that i cant see it.

Back