New member to the 800 Club..

Tim:

Thanks for posting the link and information!;)

We were able to get some more power and torque out of the old 96' by raising the boost some (10lbs). The previous numbers were about a month ago in Jacksonville, N.C. (Waynes Dyno and Performance). This dyno at "Carolina Auto Masters" in Durham, N.C. is also a "Dynojet 248C" with the "WinPep7 Software, but the rollers are 6500 lbs. versus around 3800 on the Jacksonville Dynojet. I don't know why, but I run better on that Dynojet with the heavier rollers. I will try to get the dyno sheet scanned by somebody for you guys to see.

Thanks again.

--------
John_P

Jeff:

Yes, that and my water injection with straight distilled water and a small amount of water pump lubricant, NAPA "Number 13" Anti-Rust and Lubricating Cooling Fluid." Before Scheid got me on this, I had rust starting to form on the
inside of the cylinder head intake area below the air horn. So far, this has stopped that.

Not bad for an "old relic/technology" Cummins 12 valve, Scheid Diesel built engine in a truck that is daily driven and has over 255,000 miles on it! And if you will notice the engine spools up just fine on that dyno CONTRARY to what a "certain member" says here!!:rockwoot:

--------
John_P

great numbers numbers John hope to see red rocket on the track in creswell in march

Very nice numbers and a awesome video! Looks like that guy got a little smoke in his face! Nice to see the Dodges killin the dyno.

sweet run it sounds strong and tight too, congrats! Your truck is the same as mine in color, model, and year it is at schieds now getting 14mm and fire ringed I hope to hit 550 on dyno when I get it back.

What turbo do you have on and have you pulled with it how does it perform driving around?

SuperDave4x4 said:
Very nice numbers and a awesome video! Looks like that guy got a little smoke in his face! Nice to see the Dodges killin the dyno.
-----------
SuperDave:

Yes, that guy in the video running out as the smoke envelops him is the owner of "Carolina Auto Masters", namely, Mr. Jeff Creech. He is a great guy and a very good tuner on all the GM stuff! He has been very supportive of our "N.C./VA Diesel Crew" hosting many of our dyno events there.

--------
John_P

KingS said:
sweet run it sounds strong and tight too, congrats! Your truck is the same as mine in color, model, and year it is at schieds now getting 14mm and fire ringed I hope to hit 550 on dyno when I get it back.

What turbo do you have on and have you pulled with it how does it perform driving around?
-------------------------
KingS:

Thanks!:rockwoot:

Yeah, I really like the Flame Red Dodge Truck color. Every Dodge CTD I have owned since 92' has been Flame Red!

Glad to hear that Scheid is building your engine for you. They have been very, very good to me over the last ten years that I have known Dan and his entire staff! You asked about my turbos. I am running Scheid Diesel's Twin Set-up using the Schwitzer 62 on the top with their modifications and on the bottom the B-2. I have never sled pulled my truck. It performs very well around town although with the large injectors I have to take it easy at the lights etc. in town because if I give it too much throttle it will black smoke some as you probably saw. But if you keep "light pressure" on the throttle it is very manageable to drive with just some slight black smoke on takeoff and during the shifts.

---------
John_P

i was wondering how long it would be before this got posted. congrats again buddy, can't wait to go for a ride.:bow: couldn't happen to a better guy, keep tuning john 1000 is just around the corner.

John,

Remember the first time we met in Cynthiana, Ky. a few years ago?

And blastin up and down the road in 500 hp trucks:woohoo: .

As Jimmy said so well, couldn't happen to a better guy.
Congrats John, lookin forward to seeing you and Johnner soon.

Cousin Billy

Back