Spooling with nitrous

If you guys can't make any boost at the line sounds like you need a looser converter, alot of the pro street guys don't even run nitrous, my friend has a 2000 stahl converter and he can get 40psi at the line if he wanted, I don't think any one should need to spray to spool, just my thoughts though

I agree with this with the exception of high elevation.

.032 jet here....I run really big injectors which helps it not put the fire out, what I do is leave the truck running at a fast idle and then up the jet size until it starts to stumble at idle when triggered, then back down a size. That way I know I'll never backfire or hurt anything at the line when I'm on or off the throttle.

I've probably seen a half dozen people try to spool using controllers, and I've never seen it work right.

Here's progressive working right and I'm a fookin Noob on the cheater spray.
[ame="http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=P_sd-HKg0iI&feature=c4-feed-u"]Jsp spool shot - YouTube[/ame]

80mm 96/1.32

How did the guys that tried prog. controller's have it referenced? 5v off the pedal (for us CR's), rpm, boost, etc.

I'm messing with just a single stage, no controller, on mine to try to get her to spool. Damm converter is just a little too tight :st:

82/92 single charger, small nitrous solenoid with 35 jet, ran on momentary switch on steering wheel. Truck does do a little bucking at 1st but I find it to be the best size for getting charger up.

If you guys can't make any boost at the line sounds like you need a looser converter, alot of the pro street guys don't even run nitrous, my friend has a 2000 stahl converter and he can get 40psi at the line if he wanted, I don't think any one should need to spray to spool, just my thoughts though

That's nice.

Yes. Is it possible to inject co2 precharger, and would it help? Wouldnt it help thin the air entering the charger?

It will thin the air. But it would be the same difference as driving in Tx at sea level and again same setup up at the Flagstaff divide at over 7k ft elevation. I would think if you were going to inject something other than nitrous pre charger it would need to bind to the oxygen molecule and displace the nitrogen molecule to prevent a serious loss in power.

Think about it like a fire extinguisher C02 is used to move the oxygen away from the flame. Putting out the fire. Don't want to put that in your engine.

It will thin the air. But it would be the same difference as driving in Tx at sea level and again same setup up at the Flagstaff divide at over 7k ft elevation. I would think if you were going to inject something other than nitrous pre charger it would need to bind to the oxygen molecule and displace the nitrogen molecule to prevent a serious loss in power.

Think about it like a fire extinguisher C02 is used to move the oxygen away from the flame. Putting out the fire. Don't want to put that in your engine.

Im sorry i didnt read anything you wrote i was to busy stating at your avatar :Cheer: lol. No i get it now. Thanks man!

I hope to not sound like too much of a jackazz here , im kinda in the same boat with spooling my 96/1.32 . note I do have a tight converter . on just fuel I get NO boost at the line . rolling start I see around 2PSI at the top of 1st and mid through second it picks up to 30 and by 3rd im up to 45+ . that being said on fuel AND propane , I can make 10PSI at the light and by the time I crack 2nd im already at 40PSI . so I can say running a little C3H8 helps quite a bit. on the flip side of the pre-turbo injection mentioned above , ive been thinking of adding a second stage of propane to inject in the exhaust . just haven't figured out if there would be enough O2 in there to ignite it ?
SO - back to the OP , propane works well for that little extra spool , AND I use it on my daily rig , so contrary to popular belief its safe to run :)

I hope to not sound like too much of a jackazz here , im kinda in the same boat with spooling my 96/1.32 . note I do have a tight converter . on just fuel I get NO boost at the line . rolling start I see around 2PSI at the top of 1st and mid through second it picks up to 30 and by 3rd im up to 45+ . that being said on fuel AND propane , I can make 10PSI at the light and by the time I crack 2nd im already at 40PSI . so I can say running a little C3H8 helps quite a bit. on the flip side of the pre-turbo injection mentioned above , ive been thinking of adding a second stage of propane to inject in the exhaust . just haven't figured out if there would be enough O2 in there to ignite it ?
SO - back to the OP , propane works well for that little extra spool , AND I use it on my daily rig , so contrary to popular belief its safe to run :)

Your first mistake is running the 96/1.32 as a single.

Propane, huge single and tight converter due tell more!

Erm hum....

I use propane , my neighbor and good friend across the street developed the "Powershot 2000" propane injection system . everybody down the street and in the area (diesel AND gas) run his system . I myself have 4 stages of propane 2 HP and 2 MPG settings . highway mpg increases almost DOUBLE !! with HP valving turned on its 180HP at the wheels but milage goes down .. be careful though EGT's like to rise , and it advances timing so id set a 3CFM cap on it unless you want power :)

forgot to add I ramp mine in @ 7PSI of boost flowing 1CFM progressively increasing based on boost to a max of 3CFM @ 30PSI and above .. note that's just the "milage" setting . . if you really want a good breakdown on how it works and all give my neighbor a call . his name is Keith Long owner of Diesel Performance Products . and said above its 122 octane equivalent not 110 .. no pun intended .

Back